Notices

Thank You God ... Part 15

Old 05-01-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you God for giving me a plan for this upcoming weekend. A day at a time may be a minute at a time, as I will be attending my first huge social event of the Spring/Summer. But, with You in my heart and with thoughts of my AA friends and my SRF friends, I have faith that I will be able to enjoy my trip (with some struggles, I'm sure). I have a lot to gain in making it through - not only will it be a month this coming Tuesday, but it's not just that, it's knowing that our sober veterans here at SRF are right when they say, it gets better.

Thank you God for another peaceful day - rainy, windy, and damp - but still very beautiful when you know it means the flowers will be blooming and the trees will start pushing leaves soon!

Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

To Marjoram,

I hope you have a wonderful time at your Social Event. I was told in my first year to have a backup plan just in case. Maybe have your car with you or a number to call a taxi. Then you won't feel stuck. I was also told if someone keeps pushing you to have a drink, just tell them you are allergic to alcohol. I did that and no one ever questioned me. Just thought you may encounter some times that might be uncomfortable. Enjoy!! Luv, Ipanema
Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank You God that I know it's important to accept the things I cannot change. I can't change someone close to me but I can seek Your Wisdom for the right response to craziness.

Thank You God that you have blessed me with a life of Sobriety and that I have tools to use when I feel very powerless. You have given me everything I need and more and have been with me during the rocky times. I know You will continue to be with me as long as I seek You in good times and bad.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you God for my sobriety which is embedded in granite like you told me it would be.

28 years of weddings, anniversaries, birthdays and other celebrations where the alcohol flowed like water. When I gave the toasts, I drank water from a wine glass.

Marjoram, God is much stronger than the craving and He has got your back.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you God for Ipanmena and Grtgrandpa's kind words (and many). I know life must go on and that involves many family and friend events that bring me great joy, and I know in my heart I cannot shelter myself from that. I'll go into this weekend with you leading the way. Thank You for bringing me back into your world, and giving up the reins of my life so I can appreciate more what I have in each day.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Marjoram, I hope the event goes smoothly. I enjoy having a nice glass of club soda and watching everyone else drink too much and do what I used to do

Thank you God, for sanity and good decisions.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you God for 815 days of continuous sobriety at midnight.
I don't know how I have done it ...so it must be YOU!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you God for all that you do for me one day at a time.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you God for teaching me to reach out to You and others so that sobriety makes more sense. By enlisting my brother, he has been my crutch instead of alcohol. By him being such a great support, I'm now seeing more of You in him than I had ever seen before.

Amazing how a person can see You in others, if we are willing to open our heart to them.

My first day without a drink was April 7 - so my brother and I decided to use the same calendar semantics. Therefore, May 7 is one month. He gave me a goal and there's a one month coin that arrive in the mail yesterday, that I know I have to earn this weekend.

Thank You for another tool to keep me sober during my trip to Talladega to watch a Nascar race. I've wanted to go there since I was a child, so it's truly something I always wanted to do. (I cried when I open it, as it mean so much - I'm so blessed!).

Thank You for not allowing emotion to override logic. Thank you for keeping my mind and soul in a good place - as this is what he reminded me of before my trip.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God, for the outreach work we do at church.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you God for all of your blessings today.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God, for an afternoon with my wife. Shopping, dinner, relaxation.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you God for family and friends. Thank you God that I have much to do and it takes longer time. I have to sit down a lot and I often am on SR each day. It has helped so much to be connected at least twice a day. Plus meetings I often attend and talk with other Alcoholics.

Thank you God for when I seek you I find you. You are the strength I need each day. You give me strength to meet challenges so that I will learn more. I had an upsetting event yesterday. I came home and just sat still for a while until I calmed down and was able to continue the day. You were there beside me and before I knew it I was time for a much needed good night's sleep. I woke up feeling great this morning. If I had been drinking, I didn't feel well and the am was nightmarish. Thank you God for Your Grace Each Day for myself and my family and friends and all the SR Community.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thank you God for helping me find a wifi spot so I can thank You here at SRF for giving me the strength to go to the Nascar race and not have anything to drink. I didn't do it alone. I did it with You, my friends here, my brother, and my AA group that I wish was here to talk to.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

To Marjoram,

Your dedication to your Sobriety is admirable! I know nothing about NASCAR but have had glimpses of the guys in their outfits!! A Plus A Plus

I hope you enjoy the game and your guy(s) win!! Ippy
Old 05-05-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you God, for my abilities and the intelligence to use them.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thank you God for the restraint I was able to practice at my AA meeting this morning when I listened to a man who has been slipping since 1988, and learned that he is just like me because I was drinking when I was his age and he has 4 months.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Restraint of tongue and pen/laptop......
Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you God that although my friend has to proceed this week with a biopsy, the surgeon she met with today could not feel the mass and she said that is a good sign. Thank you so much for watching over her and giving her strength.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thank you God for turning my problems into opportunities for growth.