Notices

DG's Gratitude Thread ... Part 2

Old 01-04-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Gosh! I can't believe I've let it go more than a year without posting to this thread! I guess it makes since in a way considering that I found out I was pregnant a few months after my last post here. I've been so busy!

Still, so much to be thankful for!

Today I am thankful for
  • Being clean, sober and cigarette free!!! The beginning of the year was 5 years without smoking for me!!!
  • Cat and baby's maracas -- (Sadly, I am down to one cat and I haven't found time for the drums in months, although I do play little rhythms on baby's back when I'm trying to make him burp)
  • Knowing that baby has sober parents. Some days I get caught up in the little challenges and I forget how HUGE this is.
  • The beginning of a new year! I always love the feeling of starting fresh. I like looking back at all the growth and accomplishments and cool things from the last year, too!
  • A rare quiet morning at my house with baby and S asleep so I have time to post here
  • Reading a few old posts on here and thinking about how different my life is
  • Having the snuggliest, cutest, most amazing baby and discovering that I really love being a mom! (At least, I love being a mom to a baby... we'll see how I handle things as he gets bigger.)
  • All of the tools I have from recovery. While I don't really struggle to stay sober, I do continue to have all sorts of challenges. But I have some really powerful ways of dealing with them or at least being able to pull back a little and ask myself what I need to be doing that day. (Hint: it's not thinking about what somebody else is or is not doing.)
Old 01-04-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, DG!!

Congratulations on 5 years smoke free.

I'm so happy you checked in with an update.