Notices

message for deeker & all

Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

message for deeker & all

This email bounced back and want to share here!

hi deeker and all of you who are making a courageous step to truly appreciate life. I am 12 weeks sober and this friday marks 90 days and picking up my green chip where I go weekly. I'll update today on the site too. I smoked a joint after 6 weeks sober. At the time I didn't realize what sobriety is (all substances) and felt like crap and craved booze for 2 days after until it prob left my system. Realizing then that I had to stay off everything is when I started my journey. My biggest regret is not doing this in my twenties because this evolving me has more pride and joy. At this time, I am also working on letting go of those regrets and making the best of my present and future...best wishes to all of you and thanks for checking in
Nancy
Old 03-04-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 12 weeks Nancy!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Main : Guilt
Leaving the City of Regret

I had not really planned on taking a trip this time of year, and yet I found myself packing rather hurriedly. This trip was going to be unpleasant and I knew in advance that no real good would come of it. I'm talking about my annual "Guilt Trip."

I got tickets to fly there on Wish I Had airlines. It was an extremely short flight. I got my baggage, which I could not check. I chose to carry it myself all the way. It was weighted down with a thousand memories of what might have been. No one greeted me as I entered the terminal to the Regret City International Airport. I say international because people from all over the world come to this dismal town.

As I checked into the Last Resort Hotel, I noticed that they would be hosting the year's most important event, the Annual Pity Party. I wasn't going to miss that great social occasion. Many of the towns leading citizens would be there.

First, there would be the Done family, you know, Should Have, Would Have and Could Have. Then came the I Had family. You probably know ol' Wish and his clan. Of course, the Opportunities would be present, Missed and Lost. The biggest family would be the Yesterday's. There are far too many of them to count, but each one would have a very sad story to share.

Then Shattered Dreams would surely make and appearance. And It's Their Fault would regale us with stories (excuses) about how things had failed in his life, and each story would be loudly applauded by Don't Blame Me and I Couldn't Help It.

Well, to make a long story short, I went to this depressing party knowing that there would be no real benefit in doing so. And, as usual, I became very depressed. But as I thought about all of the stories of failures brought back from the past, it occurred to me that all of this trip and subsequent "pity party" could be cancelled by ME! I started to truly realize that I did not have to be there. I didn't have to be depressed. One thing kept going through my mind, I CAN'T CHANGE YESTERDAY, BUT I DO HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE TODAY A WONDERFUL DAY. I can be happy, joyous, fulfilled, encouraged, as well as encouraging. Knowing this, I left the City of Regret immediately and left no forwarding address. Am I sorry for mistakes I've made in the past? YES! But there is no physical way to undo them.

So, if you're planning a trip back to the City of Regret, please cancel all your reservations now. Instead, take a trip to a place called, Starting Again. I liked it so much that I have now taken up permanent residence there. My neighbors, the I Forgive Myselfs and the New Starts are so very helpful. By the way, you don't have to carry around heavy baggage, because the load is lifted from your shoulders upon arrival. God bless you in finding this great town. If you can find it -- it's in your own heart -- please look me up. I live on I Can do it street
Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wonderful story thanks for sharing captain. Definately taking note on this message - thank you also to Opivotal Have a great day!
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's really cute Captain! Clever and with a great message!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whoo Hoo!! 90 days is so awesome. It's never too late to make today great! Thank you Captain... those are very wise words.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Congratulations on 12 weeks Nancy!
I'm glad I left that city too w/ a 1 way ticket!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nancy hope u r still doing well. we are all so happy for you. You are unable to receive messages.Come on back we want to continue to support you!