Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > The Gratitude List
Reload this Page >

The Gratitude List - As It Relates To Finding Others Who Know How You Feel

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, I came here after some time and received a notice I had not been on for a while and it would be nice to hear what I have to say such as on "The Gratitude List." I clicked the link and it brought me to 'post new thread' so, I am hoping this is not an "over-do" - although I'll start by saying I think it is nice to have received such a message. There's one thing right there:

1. Grateful to still matter regardless of not being on here for a while.

2. Grateful to have mattered when I was on here before - for times I accepted/felt it and times I didn't realize or feel it.

3. Grateful for the people who are feeling: afraid, hurt, depressed, upset, angry, guilty, hopeless, you name it - who come on here to post their feelings. You may feel that you are here only to receive support, encouragement and help, and while you will receive it in various forms, you are also providing it - by letting others, those who have signed up and those who have not, know they are not alone - one of the most powerful, relieving, and 'start to recovery' - from whatever standpoint - feelings to have when you feel that you are the only person experiencing a certain something.

4. Grateful for the people who, whether they are feeling up, or down...give encouragement, inspiration, support, heart-felt words, and want to lift you up - a lifejacket when you feel yourself sinking from fighting to keep your head above water.

5. Grateful for...take what you like and leave the rest. It is like being in a desert and finding an oasis to find people who know how you feel...just try to remember you are in this journey with them and there are many levels - even within yourself. Be patient with yourself, with others in the same journey, and always.... remember 3 and 4 from the list above.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful........Thankyou, i'm grateful i read this x