Notices

Great fullness is one of my harder subjects ...

Old 08-21-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Great fullness is one of my harder subjects ...

Here goes

I'm great full that I found a doctor willing to help me detox safely and comfortably - bearable at least!

Im glad I could cry this morning but pick myself back up with a hug from a friend and some help with my house work.

I'm glad I'm going into day 4 and I didnt listen to the other evil telling me how good being drunk would feel and how easy it would make my night.

I'm glad I admitted my problem to real genuine friends who although have no idea of addiction are willing to research and try and help me as best they can.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

best wishes 13!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

You did quite well being grateful.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lol well I think being great full is a lot like being content with what you have - I've not had a fairy tale life - far be it but I'm alive and there's chances out there for me - I just have to allow myself to believe I'm worthy. I can talk all the talk but plans and words mean nothing if you don't act on them. I have to realise this - I have to follow through - persevere - I give up way too easily or I use someone else's disapproval as an excuse to give up - I'm still talking the talk right now but at least I'm going into day 4 sober
Old 08-22-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi 13! My first couple weeks of sobriety, I made myself take some time in the morning to list things I was grateful for. With feeling miserable with withdrawals, it was a tough assignment. As I began to feel better, I was able to sincerely list things. After a couple weeks, I could have listed them for hours. As you feel better, I believe your list will also grow. Good job on quitting.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lol yeah give me a few weeks you will all be like 'does she ever shut up' lol be warned - glad I found this site