Notices

271 Days of Gratitude

Old 07-27-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

271 Days of Gratitude

Hey there folks,

It has been quite the spell since I have partake in the forums. And no bad reason for that, (IE: relapse). I have started back up online school and being a stay at home dad to an 8-year old son and a 3-year old daughter, my time to be alone, much less on the computer alone is very slim. The time I do have reserved for the computer is usually spent after 930-1000pm online for my classes. However, I digress I sit here before you all "271 DAYS CLEAN!!" I can tell you I never thought in my wildest dreams I would be where I am at just last year around this time. It's truly funny what a difference a year makes, last year on this day was probably spent either conning cash off of loved ones or pawning valuable of the same loved ones to obtain my painkillers. I sit aback for a few minutes sometime just thinking to myself that with all the time and effort wasted put forth the acquisition and chasing of pills was put toward more career-advancing type activities I would be a brain surgeon jk, well I would at least be a college graduate by now hehe. .

However, I was taught by my mother even before being an addict that make no excuses of what could should or would have happened. Just put all of that behind you, and do not waste time on the hypothetical. WAs she ever right, on many of things now that I sit and think about it. For anyone out there that ever needs an ear or an eye to read or listen to them, I am here. My e-mail and phone number might be in my username info, and if not feel free to ask for it. I find nothing in this world brings me more gratification than to bring a new addict toward the light of sobriety and see the look on their face when they realize there was a world there before drugs, and you can be part of that again. When I was strung out for the good part of 5 years was I part of my families lives yes, do I even recall half of what we talked about or did, not even close. Another horrible side effect of substance abuse is that you get so wound up in your little drug addled filled world that you neglect those who are clear minded and love you the most. I felt like I was part of reality, but felt like I was always an outsider and blamed everyone else for the way they looked at me when in retrospect, I now know why they looked at me the way they did.

They were watching their son, father, brother, cousin, nephew, godson etc, kill himself. To this day I have no idea why even my parents did not call the cops on me for stealing from them blindly? I know if either of my children did what I did to my parents I would possibly call the cops, it would be hard, but sometimes one of the only saving points in an addicts life is when they are busted and incarcerated. Ok, I am going off on a tangent on here and rambling, and must attend back to my house chores . Anyone feel free to stop over and help me out jk. I mean this to all the addicts in recovery and struggling out there, I love every last single one of you. Remember all it takes is one day to say no and you are well on your way to recovery, and for those in fear of the horrors of withdrawal like myself, there are plenty of medical advancement in medicine and treatment within emergency rooms, walk-in clinics, mental health facilities and regular hospitals to handle those horrors. So please don't put off what you can do today until tomorrow, because in a lot of cases tomorrow is too late.

One Love-
-Patrick Kenyon-

PS: My other favorite drug is back in training camp for the season my 30th year of being a Chicago Bears fan!! BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations airmankenyon, 271 days is fantastic!

Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you very much for the words and super cute hands clapping smiley face
Old 08-04-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats your post is very inspiring. I have 5 days back. I had 64 and went out. I got mad I guess. Now I'm afraid to participate because I realize now I was a jerk in meetings. I didn't mean to be. But people at those meetings aren't that happy to see me now, I project, and I probably need to try to start over with new meetings.