Notices

What I am grateful for

Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I am grateful for

Today I am grateful that I found Sober Recovery through a new friend, Yukonm. Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful that I know I can make it through the hard stuff and I will regain control of my life.

I am grateful for my amazing husband. He is my best friend, my hero, and my miracle. I honestly don't know what I would do without him. He is my rock and my strength. Since I have told him about my struggles with my pain medication and how I am over using he has been nothing but supportive. He has promised to do everything in his power to help me. He has held my hand, dried my tears when I cry in shame, and has reminded me how strong I really am. He tells me I have nothing to be ashamed of that this isn't my fault, but that I am strong enough to regain control, but if I can't find enough strength, he will be there to help me and lend me his strength.

I am also grateful for my beautiful son. He is the reason I take every breath. He is the reason I want to get my medication under control. I want to be here to watch him grow up and see what a remarkable person he is going to grow up to be. He is my life and world. Since I have been sick and my DDD has gotten worse and has pretty much made me disabled he has really stepped up and helped around the house. He has taken on his part of the chores and responsibilities so that I don't have to over work myself, causing me to hurt more. He is an amazing, bright, caring, loving and wonderful kid. I am so very grateful that he is mine.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome aboard shak,

and say hey to mare
Old 07-24-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Rusty. This may sound stupid, but I don't know who Mare is but I will say hey to them
Old 07-24-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Shakota,
Rustee refers to me as Mare, short for Mary--lol!! I am grateful for you, too. God continues to use me for His purpose. (((Hugs)))
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh hahaha, ok. I was thinking maybe that was it, but I wasn't sure. I get it now hahah
Old 07-25-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hiya mare! lol

shak, i have names for people i like,

find it to be endearing
Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well that is very sweet. I tend to do the same thing. Its funny, I have used Shakota as my screen name for everything for years now, and "Shak" has always been the nick name for me, or Kote, so I thought that was kind of funny and at first it kind of threw me thinking that maybe you knew me from some where