Notices

Nine and a half months and counting

Old 07-13-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nine and a half months and counting

Hello:

I have been sober for 9 1/2 months and have no words to express how grateful I am this time around. I feel something has finally clicked, something that never clicked before. Not once during my first six plus years of sobriety, or any other period, this strong sense of "I will never drink again and I will never change my mind" was present. I am immeasurably grateful for this 'shift'. I sense alcohol has finally stopped being important in my life. I can honestly say that even if I could drink again I wound want to.

My sober life is really incredible. A feeling of great contentment and joy seldom leaves me these days. Life still brings me surprises that lead to fear, worry and sadness, but these feelings fail to prosper because now there is an unshakable and profound 'knowing' that never leaves.

If any of you reading this still struggles with doubts about the value and benefit of staying sober (something that plagued me for years) and are thinking about giving up, please please know that if you continue this good fight, something amazing will be revealed to you, something that will wipe away all doubts and finally make things click in your lives. Something that has been dormant inside you and you didn't know it existed.

In gratitude,

Natalie
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations NatalieN! Keep up the great work.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am glad you have found peace within yourself well done on your 9 1/2 months NatalieN
you are inspiring and i hope i can get to where you are at some day