Notices

daily gratitude

Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

daily gratitude

Tuesday 19-2-13:

I am grateful to have a beautiful, loving and caring fiance, my two gorgeous and healthy children and my job helping me create the life my family and i dream about.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wednesday 20-2-13

i am grateful to have my mother, who has taught me the importance of family and to my dad (RIP) for teaching me good work ethic
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grateful to Pema Chodrun -
Confess your hidden faults | Approach what you find repulsive | Help those you think you cannot help | Anything you are attached to, give that | Go to the places that scare you. ~ Phadhampa Sangye's instructions to Machig Labron
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my life and for loving and being loved. I am grateful for my family, my parents, my children and my precious grand children. I am grateful for being entrusted with them. I am grateful for my home and being lucky enough to have my own car. I am grateful for having a job to go to and food in my cupboard.
I am grateful for having S.R to post on daily and to all here for the constant support I receive.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There are so many things I am grateful for today. I am grateful my family, my friends, my connection with my higher power. I use to have nothing now I have everything. I am grateful for my sobriety and recovery above all.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thursday 21-2-13
I am grateful for the friends i have around me and those with common bonds around the world, learning and helping everyday is a fulfilling way of life. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for waking up sober and guilt free with no anxieties about remembering where I've hidden my empty wine bottles, I am grateful for being able to do this for the past 6 months plus.
I am grateful that today is my parent's diamond wedding anniversary, 60 years, and that I am lucky that my parents are still with us, even though Dad's dementia is getting worse. I am grateful that they are safe, have a lovely home and are very loved by all the family.
I am grateful for having a kind, considerate, hard working daughter and grateful for the two beautiful, precious grandchildren she has given me.
I am grateful that my errant son seems to have settled down again and is working and that I am able to care for his little son.
I am grateful for a clear, crisp, light morning, the birds singing and the spring flowers that are blooming in my garden.
I am grateful for my life, I feel so blessed. I am lucky.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Friday 22/3/12

I am grateful for the rain, its a welcome cool change.

I had a great night with my fiance and baby girl and am picking up my son this afternoon from school and we get to spend the whole weekend with him. The rain is giving us as a family, a chance to spend some quality in-door time together, cant wait!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile

I am grateful for My higher power not giving up on me...my husband,children and being sober!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am grateful for a loving family, friends who keep me sane, and all of the great possibilities that lye ahead.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for waking up fresh and alert to the sound of the birds singing.
I am grateful for having breakfast and looking forward to whatever this day may bring.
I'm grateful for the love of my family and for the peace of mind I now have.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Monday 25-2-13
I am grateful for the new week, its a chance to be better than the last!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for the start of a new week and for my friends in work who make me laugh.
I'm grateful for a good nights sleep and an early rise for work.
I'm grateful that I bought my breakfast and lunch into work with me.
I'm grateful for all in my life.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for waking up to a really sweet message from someone here at SR.

And to finally feeling motivated to go through all the mail from the months I was away.

And in the spirit of Melody Beattie's miracle book, I am grateful for all the things I need to do that have been overwhelming and nearly paralyzing me the last few weeks.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Tuesday 26-3-13
I am grateful to have the support of my family - my mother, my sisters, my brother, close aunts, uncles and cousins. Through all the crap in the past, present and all that will happen in the future, I know they'll be there for me when the **** hits the fan.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for the gift of another wonderful, sober day.
I am grateful for waking up bright eyed and refreshed this morning, ready to take on the day.
I am grateful for my colleagues at work, who make the day bearable and the laughs they give me.
I am just grateful for everything in my life and having the patience to cope with it all.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the friends who didn't walk away when I relapsed and we willing to make me accountable. They were able to make me realize with much prayer that death was a reality and that I had so much to lose if I did live. God in HIS Grace has given me another chance, His love, people who love me, and most of all a place with people just like me can help me learn to live a sober, clean life.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wednesday 27-2-13

I am grateful for the strength and wisdom I've gained from the past few years.

I lost my father to cancer in 2010. Our relationship was very tense when i was growing up. My brother was the GOOD older son, the sportsman, and my younger sister was "daddys little girl" and i was the misfit in between. Dont get me wrong, its not their fault at all, in hindsight, it was probably just my perception, or not.
I copped the physical and emotional abuse that they didint. Any frustrations he had unfortunately became my problems, usually by way of fist. I grew up with distain for my dad but still very much loved him and later found out about his troubled and abusive past, and after a failed marriage of my own and now 2 children, I could feel some of his frustration, the only difference being how we chose to deal with it.
When he died i was filled with guilt & regret at how i wasted my time with selfish emotinos like "hate", what a complete waste of time!!! I wasnt by his side when he passed away, and never got to tell him that i forgave him, and loved him.

My fiance recently returned from 9 months in incarceration. Over two years ago she chose to steal money from her employer, unbeknownst to me, and I found out in 2011 on her birthday when the police knocked on our door. From then on the truth began to unravel and hard times ensued.

The money we spent on lawyers, the loss of her income, the possibility of losing our home, her inevitable bankruptcy, I struggled to pay bills, care for our daughter and my son (from said previous failed marriage), to losing my job and having to find another, was HUGE!

Although I forgave her, her attitude towards me and our current living situation, has become unbearable and I've decided to spend some time away. Tough but i think its needed.

what i've learnt:
Trust - be careful with who you give it to
Forgiveness - may be difficult at first but has to be given to be able to move on
Strength - emotional strength, developed through experience
Family - the ones who will (well, they should) be there through thick and thin and you have to support them
Love - unconditional but knkow when its time to let go
Old 02-27-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for the beautiful, sunny, spring morning I woke up to, even though I'm in work and viewing it afar from a window.
I am grateful that it is my oldest g.childs 6th birthday and that despite his special issues he is healthy, happy and very loved. I am grateful for every single precious moment he gives me and there are many of them.
I am grateful for my health and for the contentment I feel with my 'lot.'
I am grateful to S.R and to you. xxxx
Old 02-27-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thursday 28-2-13

I am grateful for the sunny break in the weather. The rain has caused a lot of flooding in our area, its closed roads, schools etc so im glad for the reprieve.