Notices

today I am grateful for...

Old 04-22-2004, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

today I am grateful for...

When I think about it there is so much to be grateful for. A lot of it I take for granted I will admit. So I will start this thread to remind myself of all the great things I have in my life. I'll start with being sober today what a gift from God that is, my wonderful family that have loved me through it all,My patient husband that stuck by me.3 great kids that have grown into wonderful adults. My 2 beautiful grandchildren they keep me laughing and give me an excuse to be young act silly and do fun kid stuff. The few but true friends that have stood by me over the years through lots of things. this board and all of my new friends here I have met I would not be at 5 month sober without all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart, the whole AA way and that group of truely caring people. My cyber sponcer True blue. Finding my HP after all these years and trusting He will get me through this and realizing He has watched over me all these years and kept me alive..Getting faith that things will be OK. My 12 year old yellow lab who I adore. She has survived cancer 4 years and has loved me unconditionaly. Having a home and not being hungry. Knowing my kids can come to me with any problem is a great thing. I feel they can talk to me without a lot of discomfort and hang ups. They know I will be there for them always if I possibly can. The fog that's starting to lift. Remembering last night. Not being hurtful to loveones. having their respect. Dealing better with health issues. greatfu; for Being alive there was a time when I wasn't; Well Thats it for now be here tomorrow.
thanks Janet for reminding me I have SO much to be grateful for.
Lin
Old 04-22-2004, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: today I am grateful for...

I will be adding more later but I almost forgot someone. My doctor, whose trust in me that my pain was real has given me the means to live a half way normal life. without him I do not think i could go on. This I think has given me a chance to be compasionate to others.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

((((Lin)))) I am so grateful that you are grateful. It really helps me to find something every day to be thankful for. Sending hugs & prayers your way Lin.
Thanks for making me smile today. Love you Lin.
Old 04-25-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sunday,

today i am grateful for my boy comming home to help the oldsers do our ceiling in the dining room. We talked a lot and I have to say he turned out great. I am grateful he asked for my help so he can quit smoking..Money well spent on the patch, Im greatful he got smart and made a wise choice that could easily have gone badly. " I only had to but in just enough on this one whewww. " Im grateful for spring and my daffodils. Im grateful for finally asking my temporary sponcer to be my sponcer? she said sure .. Im thankful for not feeling all angry like I sometimes do. Im thankful I could help out my daughter yesterday even though i was sooooooo tired. I did it without an attitude. Im grateful my husband my have a job offer cause he wont have a job very soon. im grateful to be grateful.........and still sober.
Ill be back..
Old 04-25-2004, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Lin, I am so grateful that you got you a sponser. You go girl.
Looks like thing are looking up for you. Love you Lin.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks Janet for looking out for me. I hope all is well in your life.
Love ya,
Lin :o
Old 04-26-2004, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am grateful I found out how to talk to my HP. 3 people I love dearly really need his help, so I have some praying to do today. It hurts to see people you love in pain.
Love you all. I am grateful not to have to be alone anymore. I have you.
Lin
Old 05-02-2004, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Its sunday and i am grateful today for still being sober.
one medical problem with my daughter is getting better.
my dining room ceiling got done by my son. I finally picked out the coller for the walls and can do that now.
the long talk i had with my daughter today. being able to spend the whole day with her and get along great.
a needed $ 500 comming my way .
getting past the desire to drink the other day.
getting faith again that some how things will be ok
realizing what great people my kids are,
a chance to go to the grand canyon yipeee.....
Old 05-02-2004, 08:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lin127
When I think about it there is so much to be grateful for. A lot of it I take for granted I will admit. So I will start this thread to remind myself of all the great things I have in my life. I'll start with being sober today what a gift from God that is, my wonderful family that have loved me through it all,My patient husband that stuck by me.3 great kids that have grown into wonderful adults. My 2 beautiful grandchildren they keep me laughing and give me an excuse to be young act silly and do fun kid stuff. The few but true friends that have stood by me over the years through lots of things. this board and all of my new friends here I have met I would not be at 5 month sober without all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart, the whole AA way and that group of truely caring people. My cyber sponcer True blue. Finding my HP after all these years and trusting He will get me through this and realizing He has watched over me all these years and kept me alive..Getting faith that things will be OK. My 12 year old yellow lab who I adore. She has survived cancer 4 years and has loved me unconditionaly. Having a home and not being hungry. Knowing my kids can come to me with any problem is a great thing. I feel they can talk to me without a lot of discomfort and hang ups. They know I will be there for them always if I possibly can. The fog that's starting to lift. Remembering last night. Not being hurtful to loveones. having their respect. Dealing better with health issues. greatfu; for Being alive there was a time when I wasn't; Well Thats it for now be here tomorrow.
thanks Janet for reminding me I have SO much to be grateful for.
Lin
Thank you for your wonderful thread. It made me thankful for the same things in my own life. I need to be awaken to the positive blessings in my life at difficult times. I seem to get consumed with what is happening at the present and have tunnel vision. Thank you for reminding me to look around me and see all the beautiful people in my life and be thankful. I am thankful for you Lin.
Grateful at the end of the day!
Raise
Old 05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Re: today I am grateful for...

thank you Raise,

that made me feel great. I know how easy it is to get carried away with just the bad things and dwelling on it. I just recently started doing this thread. As was sugested by my friend Janet.. You might start one for yourself.. When I start going south I read that first post to remind myself of what I am grateful for Others posts also remind me of other things to be grateful for. It helps to bring me up. Hanging around in my head can be unhealthy at times. In fact right before i saw your post i was starting the feeling sorry for me thing again and now im all better. thanks to you... one hand washes the other as my mom always said.
take care, there is always hope.
your friend
Lin
Old 05-10-2004, 08:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

as mother's day came and went, I am grateful for my 3 great kids, my son in law who I love like my own son and my 2 beautiful grand children.. I am grateful for the love I know they have for me. I'm thankful our relationship survived my drinking days. Im grateful to still be sober 6 months today. I am thankful to God for watching over us.I am grateful for the little time I had with my Mom before she passed away. We were apart and had a chance to be together again. I can feel she is watching over me now and is pleased with me.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Today i am grateful for my sobriety. The new job my son may get. this room we are doing over is almost done.
a Big thankyou God for that. The wheather is gettig nice and the flowers are growing everywhere. All this new life I never noticed while drinking I am really appreciating now, My family for this week is in harmony. God gave me a few good ideas that I am going to try. Im thankful my vacation is getting closer. AND I am grateful for you people that are always there for me encouraging me and letting me vent.

Thanks
Lin
Old 06-02-2004, 11:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Today I am grateful for God holding out for me, my family, my home, my job, my friends, my bed which is not being used at the moment... my heart..
Old 07-02-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

WOW its been to long since i have written my gratitude to God for the life he has given back to me. Thank you God. Thankyou for my second chance. As each day passes, although they are not all easy, they are manageable. Somehow things work out. I have even discovered God has a real sense of humor. That things happen in there own time usually for a good reason and things fall into place.
Thankyou God for giving me the chance to visit the grand canyon. If you ever doubted there is a God, you would not after seeing it. I sat there and cried at its magnitude and beauty. Had I been drunk on this vacation I would never appreciated its true beauty. My senses would have been dulled or worse I would have forgotten most of the vacation. Thank you God for helping me find an excellant doctor for my daughter. Thankyou for giving me patience with my son at an unsettleing time in his life. Thankyou for my beautiful grandchildren and how they make me laugh. Thanks for my husband who is waking up and being thankful for the things he has also.

It was not a great day for me today. I fell last night while sober ( cant imagine that) and broke my rib. It hurts alot. Its taped up and I have to do these painful caughing exercises so i dont get pneumonia. Then my crown in my front tooth fell out. mind you this is the 4th of july weekend and the beginning of a week off cause my work is closed. I would be out of my mind pounding down the beer thinking OH MY GOD this is awful. but I am calm. What is this thing they call Sobriety?? I am so thankful im where i am experiencing it. Anyway thankyou all to for still being here for me, i am truely blessed to have found this great place. This board waswhere it all began for me. God led me here.
Lin
Old 07-07-2004, 10:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

today I am grateful for my sobriety. I am almost at 8 months on th 10th. Im grateful for getting the AA message before it was to late.. I feel it is really sinking in. I am grateful to have been able to be of some help to a fellow AA er that has run into a snag. I am grateful for my family who are helping eachother and are being more loving to eachother. I am grateful i feel grateful instead of how I use to feel all the fime. I know there is a good life for me and somehow things will work out. I do not have to numb everything.
Thankyou HP and my friends in aa and sr
Lin
Old 07-14-2004, 09:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

today I am Very grateful. One of the tests my daughter had to have turned out normal. I have been praying each day for that good news. Thank you God. I am grateful for being sober even though its been a tough week in other areas. Im grateful for my family, even though we drive each other nuts a lot of the time we are very close and love one another. I am grateful for my AA meetings and all of you.
Lin
Old 07-31-2004, 03:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

today I am grateful to be alive. God gave me many chances while I was out there. Lots of close calls, I wonder what He had in store for me. I am so grateful for the support I have here and the people I have met at AA meetinngs. God gave me a chance to help 2 other AA ers. One needed a ride and the other needed a friend. Its true. It does make you feel good to help another. I know I am at kind of a stand still but I do look forward to doing the steps and figuring out whats really going on in my head. Thank you God for my little family. We do truely love eachother. And when I look at them I think wow I must of done something right cause they are good people.
Thank you God for my job this week . It may not last much longer but I know you will take care of things. . Thank you God for letting me have a day where the body pain is not to bad and my mind is in a pretty good place.
Lin