Notices

I am Grateful... Part 2.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am Grateful... Part 2.

I see some post their gratitude lists in parts.

I am grateful today and have been everyday for almost 4 months. As my soberity grows I feel more alive. I am very grateful for my supporting parents and AA and my higher power. If it weren't for this AA program and this site and everyone and everything I wouldn't be here right now. Now that I have a clear prespective on everything I realized that I am indeed an alcoholic. Something inside of me has changed for the better good. I don't want to ever drink again today. The whole 1 day at a time saying has clung to me unlike before. I wake up everyday and thank my higher power and ask for the productivity, gratefulness and ability to cope with things that bug me on a daily basis. example: A guy at work use to annoy the heck out of me, and he would win because I'd get mad and flip out on him, now.... I realized it's just his personality and he likes to be a rude joker and not directed at me personally so I laugh and take it and now he has stopped with the rude jokes and talks to me all the time... either he still is joking and I let it go or he changed thinking he can't ge tto me anymore. either way im good now lol.

My family have supported even in dark times when I was drinking still even after not talking to me for a month I still drank thinking I was finally off the leash and could drink when I pleased. I am grateful that everyday so far things are normal and im not drunk or hungover or in trouble for drinking. Thanks everyone for support here.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Ojibway

we usually make new parts after 500 posts, simply because threads any bigger than that really mess up the server

D