Notices

grateful for so many things

Old 11-21-2003, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
spirit

grateful for so many things

meeting everyone here, making new friends, learning new things, helping others where i can, being honest with myself - no longer living lies, feeling truely happy, no longer shamed, able to do things i couldnt before cause i was hungover or embarrased, didnt feel i had anything to offer.

today i am most grateful for the relationship i am rebuilding with my elderly folks who have been dry for many years.

i am grateful for the maturity to take them out with me tonight to the 56 year anniversary of AA here in Perth. we are going out as a family, they are so excited and so i am i. i cant remember the last time i went out with my folks with me being sober or not having a drink before hand to get out of the house.

most of all i am grateful that last night my dad passed onto to me a white bowl with the serentity prayer on the lid, as a gift. it sat on their dressing table for years, i never noticed it.

last night dad said "hey i put something on your dresser" and that was it.

i was so touched, i always knew they loved me, (how could they not haha) but now i see something different in their eyes, they look happy, relieved, i dont know what, and i am grateful for that look - to me it says i have grown up haha- at 43 that aint too bad.

sorry for the big rave but basically i am just happy. i am also grateful to my freinds who have accepted my change and not condemned me for it but congratulated me and for some it has made them look at their own lives.

hugs to you all
kath
Old 11-21-2003, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
spirit

haha i am idiot or it is too early in the morning i meant to post this on the i am grateful for thread haha.

this being sober stuff is really hard soemtimes hahaha

i might cut and paste if i can do that haha

kath
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for having a life to live and people to live it with