Notices

I am grateful for:

Old 07-05-2010, 12:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am grateful for:

My husband! He can be a bit blunt sometimes, and he doesn't always understand why I feel the way I do about certain things, especially where my as and my codie parents are concerned. But by god, he sure does try. And that's more than I can say I deserve at times. So for him, and for the strength he has been sending my way since my world hit a HUGE bump in the road on Friday, I am very much thankful.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For today, I am grateful for my sr friends! I really may have gone off the deep end and right into my sister's addiction and my parents' codie problems if it wasn't for all the awesome people here who have welcomed me right back into the family. Thanks guys; I hope I can return the favor somehow!

I am also thankful for my friends here at home, who have allowed me to give them many the earful over the past few days and are always ready to tell me what I need to hear, whether I like it or not. I really am a lucky gal.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am grateful(and amazed!) for the sense of serenity that I have been able to find recently.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm very grateful for 150 God-given days of sobriety and for all the wonderful friends I've made here over the last few months in SR who have made a big difference to my life and given me a huge amount of support and advice when I needed it most - God bless you all!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JJB

I'm grateful to the SR community for welcoming me back after so many relapses. I'm now on day 3 . I'm grateful for being given (yet) another chance and that nobody has sneered disbelievingly at me trying again.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today, I want to mention that I am grateful that I have yet one more day to work on me. I don't have to give in to my sister's addiction or my parents' codie problems to be happy; in fact, I am grateful that I have been given the knowledge that following them into their problems will lead to anything but happiness. I am thankful to my hp that I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. This may be the calm before another storm, but just for today I am grateful that I could enjoy that calm.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that my HP always comes through for me, even when I don't know it at the time (and sometimes when I do know it and take it for granted!). I know many people have been praying for me and my family, and I don't know how they are doing right now, but I do know that I never thought I could be thinking this clearly right now. I know that I alone have not always had this kind of strength, and I am every so grateful for the prayers here and elsewhere, and for my HP responding in kind.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today, I am grateful for the wonderful al-anon meeting I was able to attend tonight and the wonderful people who were there to welcome me with no questions asked. And I am thankful to my HP for getting me there on a night when I really needed to hear the discussion that was happening... and that they just happened to be starting a new 12-step study tonight, so now I get to go all the way through a step program with them if I keep going! Super excited here
Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful for old friends, cats and kids.