Notices

I was just numb

Old 04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was just numb

Until I came here and was reminded to feel gratitude.

Today I am grateful to a Judge I've never seen.

Every day brings something new. While I struggle with my AD's expiration of health care benefits next week, some local judge has offered a small reprieve.

One night my daughter called a taxi to take her to the emergency room and had no money for the fare. The taxi driver filed a complaint and she went to court yesterday. The judge offered her a choice of time in jail or an extended period of time in the SMART recovery program overseen locally by her current health care provider. She took the SMART recovery! She even seemed pleasantly anxious about it all. I'm not sure if it's 3 months or 6 months but she's in there! Court ordered once again and there's nothing the insurance company can do to deny her care.

This is small in comparison to this morning's struggle with the health care provider and I just couldn't feel anything but numb. I know it's a big help and I'm feeling better about it by the minute.

I'm so grateful that someone is using common sense in providing my AD with an opprortunity of recovery.

And I'm so grateful to this 12 step program for giving me the tools to deal with it all.

Time for prayers of gratitude to my higher power.

CB
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On my path.

Thank you for those in power who have wisdom and compassion.