Notices

Gratitude

Old 01-29-2010, 03:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sab

Gratitude

Hi everybody,

I am very grateful for surviving a bad accident 7 months ago. I fell down from a wildly bucking horse and was thrown against a wall of the riding hall. I felt immediately bad back pain . The ambulance brought me in the hospital and there they found by x-rays 5 brocken vertebrae. They told me that I was inredibly lucky; though some of the broken vertrebrae looked bad I was NOT paralysed. I am very, very grateful fpr that !

I had to stay for weeks in that hospital, laying flat down without movement. Because I had been on vacation that place was far away from my hometown; so I was more or less alone. But I found out pretty soon that totally strangers helped me; it was overwhelming to see how much help there wa sin a situation where I didnīt have any controll anymore (I am a controllfreak>g>). Though it was a very small city they had a local aa-chapter there and my aa-friends came to see me and helping me to deal with the situation. The best of this experience was to realize that I am not alone, even in a bad situation there is hepl and support for me.

Sabine
Old 01-29-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience with us

I agree....AA is far more than a recovery program
for alcoholics. It's a valuable network for ssistance
and friendship.

Good to know your still walking ..what a blessing...