Notices

Grateful for awareness ...

Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for awareness ...

That my crummy sleep last night was not alcohol influenced -- just job stress (not great, but better than the alternative). That I feel the pain in my heart because of a complicated interaction with my sister recently, yet have no desire to attempt to drown it out. That i know these discomforts are all part of life and will pass. That the cat at my feet really wants to play right now and I should not resist that invitation. That life is good. Not always perfect, but good.

Peace.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i like this skeeter. i too am grateful for awareness. i wish i cultivated it better, and hope to do so, but i am still certainly thankful i have it (even if i'm not always aware of my awareness).

bh
Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On the path to self discovery

yes, awareness, that having a hard day doesnt mean I have to drink. That yes, 'I can deal with this'.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am grateful for awareness, but agh! I am keenly aware that I've had a strange exchange with a friend today and it's really bothering me. This is a person I don't know very well or very deeply, and she has a mind that goes to other realms ... normally, I appreciate her uniqueness and creativity, but something about our exchange today (via Facebook) was really odd and it's left me feeling judged and sort of vulnerable. I'm not tempted to drink, but this is the sort of thing in the past that could have been eased by a glass of vino ... I'm not sure I can talk to her about it later, nor that I want to (though I see her at work almost daily). Eeck ... I'm not enjoying awareness very much right now, but it will not be made better by drinking. I'm grateful for the opportunity to vent!!