Notices

Out of the fire...

Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Out of the fire...

I am thankful that I have been given a chance, to walk away from an addict, as hard as it was for me. Knowing I am a single mom by choice and not because I waited until something more drastic would motivate me to leave. I am thankful because in all the fire I endured, the sleepless nights, the uncertainty of what truth was...I somehow stumbled upon it alone. In my darkest hour I wanted companionship, honesty and love. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I could not convince the man I loved that we weren't more important, that somehow I could cook, clean, work, raise a child and be the best person I could be and that it would somehow change him. I learned that I can only change me, and so I did. I am now raising a beautiful girl alone because of my ex not wanting to leave active addiction and have found myself. I am strong, gifted, wonderful and loving and she and I deserve a beautiful life. I am thankful I have been given the chance to learn who I am and what I am capable of, and my story will continue with a happy ending. My faith is strong and I believe in myself again. Life is no longer spent chasing my tail, but rather chasing a possible dream. I pray that we can all find this place. I pray that I can let go completely, and I am thankful for that chance.

~I feel alive again
Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your powerful message
Prayers coming your way