Notices

I am grateful today....

Old 03-27-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am grateful today....

1) For the sunshine.
2) For my first paycheck.
3) For this new forum I found.
4) For, now, 53 days clean and I don't have to use.
5) For the yummy Subway idea. LOL
6) For my mother, my boyfriend, my best friends, and all my true friends.
7) For remembering number 7 (LOL, I read through my post the first time and forgot it, hahaha).
8) That my truck still runs, despite how it looks. hehehehe...
9) That I am alive!!! (This should actually be number one, but my ear hurts dammit, LOL).
10) For the good music I CAN still hear!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! I think this should be an important part of everybody's day. I tend to dwell on the negative despite my best efforts. I need to choose to make a gratitude list daily. I have so much to be grateful for!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for the friends I have on SR and for the sun finally coming out today.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I want to try to make 10 a day, but I do spend a lot of time playing with cars and staying at my boyfriend's (he has dial up, YAWN) over the weekends...
But for today, I am grateful
1) for SR and everyone here!
2) for 56 days clean!
3) for this beautiful sunny day
4) for having the money to buy bird food AND human food.
5) for having a little left over for gas too! hahaha...
6) for music. Without it, I think I would be pretty lost.
7) for being able to play with the birds. What wonderful creatures!
8) for the peace and freedom I have being away from harmful persons.
9) for this stupid dog. Whenever I feel sad or upset, his wagging tail is a sure sight for those weary eyes.
10) for still being alive and able to be grateful!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today.... I am grateful. I don't know if I can come up with 10 things today.. And I didn't get ANY computer time yesterday as I prepare for my "fair month"..... But here goes..
1)Grateful to be alive!
2)Grateful to have gas in my tank.
3)Grateful to have food in my belly.
4)Grateful that I get a paycheck now and the work is good!
5)Grateful for the Sunny day.
6)Grateful for everyone and everything helping me in my recovery.
7)Grateful to be able to wish my son a Happy Birthday.
No fooling. It's my youngest's birthday. I am so proud of him. He's a teenager now. And now I have to get off of here, do some work, go see my sponsor, and go to my other job..
Old 04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today, I have only a few items to be grateful for, but I need to keep it going. Hope no one minds. I need to remind myself of things to be grateful for. I started smoking cigarettes again... *sighs*
1) My Life
2) MY MOTHER. A thousand times over. She provides shelter, food, trust (sometimes too much- as I ripped her off a couple times in the past), and paid my phone bill this month! LOVE my mommy!
3) My truck's full tank of gas and is still running, despite having to run the heater, left caliper is going out, missing a headlight and looks like crap from the hit and run from a friend who borrowed it last year (no insurance, ugh!)
4) The warm sunny day.
5) My sponsor, who is still trying to hold on even though she lost her job and her boyfriend is being an ass. God I love her!
And that is pretty much it today.. I need to look harder for things to be grateful for. It's a little difficult today. I didn't really want to start smoking again, but after a night of horrible dreams about smoking crack, I figured it might have been a little too soon to stop smoking cigs. I went almost a week. I was grumpy too. LOL. And I hadn't had THOSE dreams in a long long time.....
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ahhh, today I am grateful for many things.. LOL
1) My bird. She's the sweetest, most beautiful creature God has gifted me with.
2)My Mom. I know it's a repeat, but sometimes I have to repeat myself. LOL
3)The clothes on my back. It sure would suck to be out in the wind, rain, and cold naked!
4) For sweet dreams at night! You never know how grateful to be for them until you have the nightmares.
5)For my race car. That's the first car I've ever owned, since brand new, and I look at her and remember how things once were and how they will be AGAIN.
6) For my small business. When things feel down or bad, I go out to the shop and can spend hours making toys!
7)For the open roads. Nothing feels so good as wind through your hair.
8) My boyfriend. He knows everything yet still accepts me. What kind of person does that?
9)Hockey. NOTHING beats watching grown men, on skates, knock the crap out of each other over a small piece of rubber. hahahahaha..
10)And it's silly, but Jerry Springer too. When I think my life is F***ed up, all I have to do is turn the TV. It can certainly be WORSE. LOL. I could be publishing my problems on NATIONAL TV!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so grateful to have a place I can come to vent my frustrations, share my fears and worries, and keep me occupied when those urges hit. I have, actually, a lot of gratitude because there are a lot of places I can go! NA, SR, and my best friend's house! I am at his house now, taking a break from making toys for my upcoming fair and enjoying the computer. LOL. Though the outdoors are just as nice too! I love being outside, in the shop, making those stupid toys. hahaha..
I need to have a yard sale and get rid of a bunch of that junk (clothing, dishes, etc.) in his garage. What a mess....
I am grateful for the nice weather today. Hope it stays this time. LOL.
And just grateful to be clean!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for:

-194 days clean
-That I'm not where I was physically and mentally 195 days ago
-For my husband's faith in me
-forgiveness
-my boys
-my dad
-my dogs unconditional love
-my struggles...they've made me stronger
-Most importantly, my Savior, cause without Him, none of this would be possible.

Penny
Old 04-08-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow....where to start....
1) I am grateful for just breathing
2) Grateful to have a roof over my head
3) That I have friends who have stood by me through this journey because they had faith that I had the strength to make it happen
4) Grateful that the man I love has accepted me with all my imperfections
5) I am grateful that I now have a place...SR...where I can feel accepted and know that if I need a shoulder....it's just a keystroke away!!!

There are so many things that I am grateful for....but LIFE is the greatest of them all...
Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

JUST FOR TODAY
Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for being able to run into my bf's ex in cyber space and my hands are no longer shaking when I see her.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh today I am grateful for SR. In the wee hours of the morning, when I wanted to use, I had someplace to go. So I am also grateful for my best friend and his computer. LOL.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am really grateful
and thank my hp for it all, grateful for life and a nother clean day, and to wake up sober,
free from drugs, and fear, just for today,

thank GOD for NA and my new family :ghug
Old 04-20-2009, 11:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Today has just begun, about 2 1/2 hours ago, but yesterday was a day of revelations, and they were good. Enough for me to really be grateful.
I am grateful for my best friend and his girlfriend. Both of them really came through, even though their concerns were unwarranted, it was wonderful to know they care and want to make sure I didn't blow my cash on crack. It feels so good to be so loved.
I am grateful for my HP. If I didn't have my HP, I would be using tonight. I was able to do things I could not have done just 2 1/2 months ago. I would not have been able to just walk away.. Wow..
It's just an amazing feeling, and I am grateful for my feelings today.
And I am really grateful for cold medication.. Used as directed!!!!! I can breathe! I hate having a cold.. UGH!