Notices

In Awe...

Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend!

Talking In Awe...

So Grateful...
Today has been one of the most amazing days of my recovery thus far. I had to go to court today about my children and it went better than I could have ever imagined!! I have only been clean for 2 months, and I got my children taken away during my active addiction in May 2008. The court granted me an improvement period that was only to last for 6 months (ended 12/29/08), but I screwed around and couldn't pass drug tests , just wasn't doing the things that I needed to do until November. I finally got myself together, went to detox, then to a long term facility, which everybody thought was in my best interest because I was addicted to heroin. I stayed in the program for about 3 weeks, but I couldn't take it there anymore, so I left. Well, the 'powers that be' weren't too pleased with that, so they petitioned the judge and he signed an order stating that I had to be in long term facility the week before Christmas. Needless to say I couldn't find an inpatient program with a bed available between then and now, so I was in contempt of court. I have been staying clean, passing drug screens, going to meetings, and doing outpatient therapy during this time though. I was a bundle of nerves when I went into court today- my lawyer informed me that they were moving to set the case for disposition and terminate my parental rights. Not what I wanted to hear. So we went in, my lawyer presented everything that had been going on in my life and that I was doing well and working a program, everybody else put their two-cents in about how bad I was, and then the judge spoke...
The first thing he said was that he was very suprised to see me infront of him sober and with clean drug screens under my belt. Then he spoke to those that pointed out my failures- he said that I was apparently doing something right and just because I did not follow the path that the MDT wanted me to and of the order he had signed I had obviously chosen a good path that worked for me and was sticking to it. He went on to say that he was not going to make me go into an inpatient program or terminate my rights, but he was going to schedule another hearing in 30 days to see if I was actually going to be able to remain clean and sober.
This was definitely a God-thing and that's all I can attribute it to. I know that I must continue doing the things I have been in order to maintain my cleanliness, and I believe that with my HP's (whom I chose to call God) help I can definitely be successful. I am so grateful for the divine favor that was bestowed upon me today and I don't think that I have the capacity to fully express this. I believe that the only thing that I can do is keep on truckin' and show through my actions that I have truely become new.
Thanks for letting me share!

__________________________________________________ __

*That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong.*
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

It's wonderful to hear your good news. I hope you can find a way to stay clean and learn to live life a different way. Your kids need you.

A lot of folks stay clean by attending meetings, getting a sponsor, allowing that sponsor to guide us through the steps and getting into service...

Best of luck. I hope you keep the desire to stay clean and do the footwork necessary...

-R
Old 01-06-2009, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good for you clay...

and good wishes on the next 30 days..

hang on to your Powers that Be

you can do it
Old 01-06-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post Clay, go for it!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
X IV

((clay))

I am have been clean 6 years and am a mom and in recovery. Heroin was my drug of choice. It can be done. Just don't ever stop doing what you are doing that is working. With a HP and a strong 12 step support system you can sustain the miracles you have now one day at a time for the rest of your life.