Notices

I am grateful for....

Old 12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am grateful for....

GOD opening my eyes to the reality of my situation.
GOD answering my prayers and then reminding me that HE answered them.
GOD being wonderful and all knowing in my situation.
GOD giving me the strength to continue on my path.
GOD walking with me on my path.
GOD giving my ex the strength to be clean for 31 days today.
GOD giving me my children.
GOD giving me the ability to be a good mother.
GOD providing for my family.
GOD being wonderful merciful and forgiving.
GOD transforming my family.
GOD healing my family.
GOD giving me the restoration that HE promised me.
GOD giving me the vision HE gave me.
GOD.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very nicely said Cassandra.

So I figured I would think of things I am grateful for:

I am grateful for finding sobriety, this forum, AA, my sponsor, my children, my granddaughter, my spritulaity, my friends and family, for being healthy, to have a roof over my head, for having a big heart, for being given a second chance at life. I have alot to be grateful for when I sit and write it.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Live and let live.

I never thought I could find enjoyment in life without alcohol. Alcohol was the basis of everything I did, even waking up. I didn't want to get out of bed if I didn't have a supply of alcohol.

At eight months sober, I have learned how to really enjoy life. I'm at the beach right now with my boyfriend and our nephews. Instead of trying to pass time until the 'normies' decide that its time to have a glass of wine, I can focus on the moment. I am thrilled that I am making memories with my nephews that they will remember for the rest of their lives. I'm grateful that I don't fly off the handle anymore, a sober mind is a rational mind.

I'm grateful that I enjoy standing and watching the ocean, reading a book, laying down and quieting my mind, focusing on the fact that my HP really does love me, a good hearty laugh from the belly, good food and beautiful views. I have become the 'clean' person that I couldn't understand when I was drinking. Who would rather be at home than out drinking with friends? Who wouldn't have a glass of wine while reading? Well, I am that boring person now and I'll take it any day over the life I lived before.

I am truly so much happier, healthier and peaceful within myself than I have ever been. I don't have the anger, bitterness and feelings of fear and guilt that I used to. I am grateful that God saved me. he truly did. I did nothing to deserve it and I have done nothing to earn my sobriety. It is a gift and I am so grateful.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bless
I am grateful for where I live the drop in centres and the higher powers good friens who poured drink down the sink when I was bad

bless