Notices

Just for today

Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Akire

Just for today

Today..I am grateful for: My wonderful boyfriend of 5 years. My amazing family. My pets. The beautiful weather. The fact that my cold is almost gone. My health. My tan haha. I've been sober for 50 days and I'm really liking it! I'm also soooo grateful for all of you. I truly am blessed to be able to read your amazing feedback everyday and to feel your love and encouragement. Thank you all and God Bless You.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Better times are coming by

Its so cool, you have made me think of my own gratifications, im on the 7th day, and still have that stupid runny nose, but im thankful that my family is here to support me, they are the only one you can trust, im pretty sure your boyfriend is part of your family right?? my girl is, in fact... IM SOON TO BE FATHER. I can't wait...but as being myself, it becomes such a blender, that i can't see myself in 2 weeks from now, i hope im there when the baby is born
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The second paragraph from the Just For Today card:

Just for today I will be happy. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Old 09-26-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

freddy
IM SOON TO BE FATHER.
congrats...

and be there when the baby is born... clean and sober...
Old 09-26-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what do you mean by rule 62 Rusty Zipper???
Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rule 62

When the dust settled...

Someone reminded me about Rule 62. Do you know the story? In the 1940s, as A.A. began to grow, groups set up a wide variety of rules for membership and other behavior. For example, one group said no to hard liquor, but beer was ok. Another group allowed gambling until they were raided by the police. In some areas, two or more groups acted more like rivals.

When the New York office tried to get a handle on all this, there was even more controversy as groups, and individuals battled each other for their point of view. Out of this, and other issues, came the 12 Traditions.

When the dust settled, someone sent a post card to all the parties that said, "Don't take yourself so darn seriously."

I love this rule! So often I'm guilty of taking my self far too seriously. It can happen anywhere and at any time... at a stoplight when I behave as if the city targeted me personally, in a grocery line when the person ahead of me has a problem, or when I don't get the response I want from someone, or don't get it soon enough.

It also shows up in the way I worry... about almost anything. Or when I get locked into expectations, or just start feeling put-upon or over worked.

In truth, just about anytime I'm upset, a look at Rule 62 will often set me right, usually laughing at myself.

Give it a try!

the share is by a lady named anne