Notices

My parents

Old 06-05-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My parents

During a hurricane last night, a huge tree fell on their beautiful home (where I was raised). The house was crushed. It'll be totalled and they lost most of their stuff from water damage. Within an hour, all of their many children and grandchildren were assembled on the lawn in shock. We just look at the house, then look at each other. We just can't believe it.
But I'm grateful because my Mom was away on business, nothing fell on top of my Dad (miraculously) because he was up playing on the computer. If he had been sleepy and had gone to bed early...the tree fell right on his bed. Even our family dog was in the basement, so he was fine. All I can think is "Thank God everybody is Okay." Stuff doesn't matter, not one bit. It takes something like this to bring that home...now begins a summer of rebuilding....Thank God, thank God.
kj:praying
Old 06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

OMG! How awful!! I hope they were fully insured. I am SO glad that no one was hurt. :praying
Old 06-06-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hai
Old 06-06-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, they were fully ensured. Knowing my mother (she's very savvy), they'll have an even prettier set-up when all is said and done. But right now, they seem like they are in shock! I can understand why,
If you want to see a picture of it, send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the link to the story in the paper.

kj