Notices

I grateful that I did/do not have detox symptoms...

Old 05-21-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

I grateful that I did/do not have detox symptoms...

...I rang alcohol advice line during last major binge and they gave me some contact details for addiction centre and told me not to stop drinking. I thought that was very strange advice and ignored it. On day 3 someone here advised me to be very careful about detoxing and I got all panicked when I read all about other peoples detox nightmares. Eventually I realised I would have been feeling like &^%$ already! I had run a half marathon on day 2 (the first day 2, that is!). I also know that if I had not started taking action towards sobriety now, my detox would be nightmare when it eventually happened.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Pupmum...

Thanks for this info - I am also in New Zealand and whats really kinda scary is that it was around about the 17th May (your quit date?) I also rang the 0800 number, and was given the same advice. I went to my GP who agreed with it, so am supposedly cutting down per thier recomendations... Only problem is Im not cutting down much because once I start drinking, I don't stop. I may have to ignore them and go cold turkey too. This post was really helpful. Did you get the "Had enough" and "time for a change" packs they can send you? They're really helpful. Where in NZ are you? Feel free to PM me!