Notices

a good day for gratitude

Old 10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking a good day for gratitude

hello, i'm new here but want to say how happy i am to have found this board.
i am also very happy to have a wonderful husband, lovely pets, flowers, a roof over my head (a pretty nice little home if i do say so myself), & enough financial means to be able to stay home & not have to work - this is important for me as i am a chronic pain patient & could not work if i had to. so i am very pleased to say that my life is about as good as it gets, pain problems aside, & even being in pain has taught me to cherish the small things in my life since i am limited to being at home most of the time. i dont' mind, as i've said there is no where i'd rather be - i love my home & family.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi danib,

I am in about the same boat as you. I did work until I was 60 and then retired on Social Security Disability until I reached 65 and was put over to Social Security.

I like being home. My husband and I started buying this house in 1970 and he has done a lot of remodeling. It is an old old house but in good shape. The new windows make it wide open to light + sky lights in the kitchen. The house was paid for years ago so just have the taxes and upkeep now.

We have two dogs...an Airedale that is his dog...I have a lap dog..a Terrier that is so important to me. They both think they run the house!

Right now the Airdale is asleep on the floor by my chair in my computer room. My dog is asleep in an old clothes basket I made into a bed for her also in the computer room.

They are quite a pair....they play, run, and chase each other. The Airedale is big and she lopes through the house like she was a puppy again.

We do some traveling and visit our kids....but both like home and our own bed! I spend too much time on the computer and my husband spends most days watching movies and then after supper does some of his hobbies in the basement until his bedtime. He requires more sleep than I do. He is not an alcoholic but I am. I have nineteen years of Sobriety now and keep working the program one day at a time.

Will look for your posts.

kelsh
Old 10-30-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what a lovely post! sounds like you have a beautiful home & a wonderful life.
i'm a little young for retirement at age 39, but i dont' mind. i wish my husband could too! but he's not much more energetic than i am when he's at home - haha! he likes movies also & video games.

thanks for your nice response, i look forward to chattin' with you some more.
19 years, wow!

oh, i have 6 cats & 3 dogs, my husband is also not an alcoholic but i sure am.
p.s. i love your little yoga chick smiley!