Notices

sigh

Old 09-17-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sigh

I received a call from a local hospice program. I was informed that a 12 year old boy who was dying of cancer had expressed his desire for a painting of a specific theme he had in his head. I was told that they were re-doing his room in blue and white as his only requests as he prepared for death were for a blue and white bedroom and this painting to hang on the wall. I received the call on Thursday. I completed the painting and met with the case manager to pass the painting along with a brief note for the boy. She told me that he asked that she take a photo of me with the painting and that made me smile. She took the photo, took the painting and headed on her way. I then thought how I would like a photo of him with the painting as well. I called and left a message with the woman. She called me this morning at 9 and explained that she just got my message this morning and apologized for her not having thought of it. The boy passed away at 8:10 this morning. I didn't even know this boy but was saddened by the news. I am so grateful that I wasted no time in fulfilling his wish. The room was completed and they hung the painting just long enough to photograph it on the wall of his new room. He was too weak to be moved to the room so they brought to him the photos and the painting. I was told that he loved the painting and that the note made him laugh.

Let's take a second to count our blessings, folks.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My daughter will be 12 in two weeks, and I thank God she is healthy.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Slash,

This is so sad, but I'm really happy for you that you were able to give a part of yourself to this boy, through your art.

Karen
Old 10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dollhouse

Re:sigh

Hello there, Just wanted to let you know that your post touched my heart. As I was reading it,I was crying. You have a gift thorught your art work. You touched some ones life. That is sooo nice. I sometimes forget to be greatfull in my life. Thank you for letting me know that however bad it is, some one is worse off than you. I needed to be remined of that. Thanks......