Notices

Take Time

Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Take Time

I woke up this morning with so much to do as we all do at this time of year. But the first thing I want to do before leaving the house this afternoon, is take time. Take time to say hello it's a beautiful day for recovery, a beautiful day for sunshine, and best of all a beautiful day to live free and clean of old habits, illnesses, and addictions. So to all of you take time to love yourself , smile and enjoy each moment in this beautiful day.
Dee
Old 12-20-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yup, it's easy to get caught up in the moment.

Last night, for example, I was grateful for the simple pleasure of falling asleep comfortably. No sweats, anxiety, etc.....it's the little things.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To fall asllep comfortably is a wonderful feeling, secure warm all the pillows and drifting off to sleep..... It's the best

Life's simple pleasures
Old 12-20-2006, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stairmaster

Our understanding of the meaning of recovery grows out of conversations we have with each other when we share our recovery experiences. The expression for hello in South Africa is: "I see you." The response is: "I am here." Until you see me, I do not exist. Before recovery, I did not see you and you did not see me. I was not here.

When you see me as a person in recovery, you bring me into a new existence. This happens subtly to you as well when we become part of the recovery community together. Our mutual history is like an understanding that exists only when two or more members of the recovery community bond with each other heart to heart. We know each other in a very special way that sets us apart from the time when we did not experience a recovery history. Whenever anyone in our community reaches out for help, we are responsible to extend a hand.

We aspire to be mutually respectful and open to what it may require to be embedded in a shared recovery community as peers. Our mutual commitment, peer support and the coaching we give to one another helps us grow and we learn how to live sober among people who have succeeded. We become an important part of a peer-to-peer learning community. Therefore, we would like to say: "We see you." "We are glad you are here."
Old 12-30-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

awesome way to look at diminishing isolation.... thanks