Notices

I am so grateful for...

Old 11-26-2006, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so grateful for...

the healing and growth I have had this past year. Exactly one year ago, I told my alcoholic/drug addicted spouse "I don't want to be married any more". He was out within a week and we were divorced within 3 mos. Subsequently, I committed this year to me ... yes, the entire year, all to ... me, me, me! Sounds selfish, after giving myself away the previous 7 years of a marriage filled with lies, deception, pain, craziness, unbelief, shock, denial, knees in prayer, tears in pleading, how did I fall in love with this man stuff ... I desperately needed to find me. And, today I am so very grateful that I have been blessed with all the time I needed to heal and grow. I have not only found the former me, but an even stronger, happier, more fulfilled and joyful me. I am happy, at peace and just very grateful to be where I am today. I am glad I made the choice of "me". I am glad I chose to end a marriage where I may have been married to him, but he never was married to me. He was married to his addictions and I was merely a pawn in his sad path of self destruction while striving to feed his addictions. Whew! Yippee! *****! I am so Free Indeed!!! Thank you Jesus!