Not Alone 💔

Old 12-25-2021, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not Alone 💔

Merry Christmas all. I have to vent because I don't want to dampen my family and friends' Christmas when I see them later. My now ex fiance was doing great being clean for about 5.5 months, until about 2 weeks ago, he is actively using and MIA. He only comes here to shower and change clothes. He didn't bother showing up for Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. I almost broke down and texted him last night but then I thought, "Why? What good will it do? None. He won't respond, it'll hurt even more, he will respond rudely, it'll hurt. I'm not going to beg him to grace us with his presence any longer." So I'm laying here, waiting for my children to wake up and I will enjoy Christmas with them. I will watch them open their gifts. I will not ruin our time by giving in to the repercussions of his active drug and alcohol use. But I must say, it HURTS HARD dealing with his relapse, new house (rent), kids, family, life, depression, anxiety at Christmas time. Pray for us please, I'll say my prayers for each and everyone of us suffering too. God bless, Merry Christmas ❤️
Old 12-25-2021, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry this has happened, whydoomedlove. And yeah, what a horrible thing to do at Christmas.

I hope you have some joy with your kids. There is a good life on the other side of these kinds of relationships. I've been where you are and have healed from it, so will you in time.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

whydoomed.....Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Good for you for choosing to find the joy in the day , rather than caving to the negative. This is so important for your children!
Old 12-25-2021, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words ❤️ my children and I were able to enjoy our Christmas ❤️
Old 01-04-2022, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thoughts your way

So sorry what you are going thru. It royally sucks. It is amazing the things they put us through. I keep hoping I will come thru it all stronger, but I am still attached and not there yet. So glad you were able to enjoy your children for xmas. My kids are young adults now, but they keep me grounded. Their love reminds me that I CAN get thru this. I hope you feel that too. Sending hugs!