Should I press charges

Old 12-28-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I also think you should not get more money until he is permanently out of your life or he will find a way to steal again.

Press charges and get him gone
Old 12-28-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OT, it is the disconnect between who he is and who you want him to be that hurts.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It hurts to leave and start again...but that hurt heals in time and sets you free.

It hurts to stay and have all this repeated over and over, that hurt never heals because the scab keeps getting knocked off.

Your life won't change until you say it will, until then you are caught in the illusion of having any control over what he does. I know because I've been there.

Please don't dig this hole any deeper, put down the shovel and save yourself. You're worth it, really you are.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I think it would be a waste of your time to try and press charges since you really have no case. You’ve willingly let him have access to everything that’s in your name (place to live, car, money, food, etc) for how long now? Don’t know how you can call that “stealing” when you have been the enabler allowing it for so long. Trying to press charges doesn’t mean you’ll all of a sudden be able to pay your bills. Sounds like he’s backed you into a corner where the equity loan is your only way out to pay your bills. Make sure a changed set of house locks come with it or you can kiss all that goodbye, too. You hold the key to change and betterment for your situation and for the life of me cannot fathom why you won’t use it. What’s the bottom of the barrel for you? Are you scraping it yet? Will it be when your utilities are shut off? You car impounded due to 1000’s in unpaid parking tickets? Your house foreclosed due to non-payment? You lose your job being so stressed out and “behind” all the time bc of him? ALL OF THE ABOVE (which could happen very quickly and in short order of each other)? I would feel very “HURT”, too. Kick the bum to the side and move on already.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Post above edited.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

what affect is all this having on the CHILDREN????
Old 12-31-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Honestly, his physical abuse of you is more concerning to me than the financial issues. He threw you down the stairs! You could have been killed or seriously injured!
Old 01-04-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

he'll for sure do it again if you don't charge him.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:57 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I don't have my kids tonight and am so sad and lonely.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi OT. I am sorry you are feeling bad. A big part of my recovery from codependency was learning to sit with and through uncomfortable feelings. It was the only way I could learn that they were temporary, survivable, and not something I needed to "Fix" with yet another unhealthy relationship.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

part of adulthood and maturity is the ability to spend time alone and be perfectly ok. to actually enjoy one's own company. otherwise we are DEPENDENT upon others to meet our needs, entertain us.

did you press charges? is he now GONE from your life?
Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Charges are pending for unlawful use of car and fraud. He is gone.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you a 2018 of peace, healing and freedom from him and his chaos.

And I wish you the happiness of rediscovering the gift that is YOU.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I don't have my kids tonight and am so sad and lonely.
I remember nights like that and I still shudder at how despondent I felt at the time.

I spent a lot of time in public places, like the bookstore, so I would feel less isolated. I once spent an entire holiday afternoon on a park bench, chatting up anybody who sat next to me. One family even shared their fried chicken with me. Maybe they felt sorry for me, perhaps they even enjoyed the conversation I had with them, but I have to tell you it was by far the best damned fried chicken I ever had.

I didn't have a boyfriend, and none of my family and friends were with me because they were busy doing other things (which of course made me feel abandoned and unwanted), but on that day, even though I started off lonely, I ended up feeling OK. I wish I could have had another chance to repeat my gratitude and tell that family, especially the mom, how much their kindness meant to me.

You can be connected to the world and its kindness without him - you just have to figure out how.