Back in jail

Old 01-29-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back in jail

My son went to Rehab last Thursday and yesterday we get the call that he is back in jail.
He said that Probation came there and took him out, says that now he is looking at 10 months jail time. Funny part about all this is that his "girlfriend" was also picked up and back in jail. Just seems funny they were picked up on the same day.

So very tired of this roller coaster we are on. Yes, we go about our own lives, do our family things but, then things like this happen to get us all in a tither again!

It is so very hard NOT to get involved in his crazy life.

We are hoping to use this as leverage to convince him to either set his butt in jail for the next 10 months or go to long term treatment facility for 12 months and come out with a new life.

I guess it's up to him and if he chooses once again to say "NO" to the help we are offering then I guess he will need to know that we are once again done..................
Old 01-29-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry. He does have choices. I have heard several testimonies of young people coming out of jail and saying it saved their lives. They have become productive members of society with happy families.

What I am saying is that no matter what he chooses, it's his choice, his consequences. While it's so hard to see those you love have to suffer the consequences of their bad decisions, it also may be the one thing that saves them from repeat behavior.

Many hugs to you!
Old 01-29-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'd be VERY cautious of offering rehab as an OPTION to jail.....if it were me facing jail time but somebody said, well we think we can get the courts to send you to rehab INSTEAD, i'd be all over that like white on rice, WHETHER OR NOT i was at all interested in getting clean.

it might be time to just let HIS chips fall where they may and quit trying to intervene and redirect HIS life path.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anvil...thank you! You may be exactly right! After all he is almost 43!
Old 01-29-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh god, i just spewed coffee out my nose!!!!

FORTY THREE?

oh it's BEYOND time to quit trying to manage and direct his life, mom.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree, let the courts decide on this one Plink. YOU need to live your LIFE now!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
So very tired of this roller coaster we are on.
So get off. He's 43 years old. Give him the gift of allowing him to face the consequences of his actions.

Then take care of you.