Poor decisions.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Poor decisions.

So I went out with a coworker tonight. It was a good time. Ended making plans for the rest of the weekend. When my ex was in my life I was a hermit. Now that things are settling, I'm getting back to being me. Which is by going out. I love meeting new people, having new experiences, making new friends.

So...I drove by his place at the end of the night. He lives down the road. I saw him and pulled over for a chat. He basically said "you don't do drugs recreationally, and I do-so there's that"

I ask you, I'm about to be 32 in two days, and I'm perfectly fine with alcohol (as long as it's not ridiculous) when did that become not enough? My ex is an opioid addict and then switched to pot while on suboxone. All while drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Why can't just drinking to let loose become not enough? Even if I wasn't an RN I would still value this. I've smoked pot like maybe 6 times in 32 years. It's not worth it for me to lose my job over...ya know?

It also makes me mad that we work in the same ******* field and his values are so below mine, it undermines the profession. I worked my ass off to get where I am today and would never jeopardize it. For anything. I went though an awful divorce where my ex (not this one) left me for my best friend who was also a nurse on the same floor on the same shift, I didn't give up my integrity/dignity then..

So basically, if you don't smoke pot as a 32 year old, are you a bad person? I never thought so..

I mean doesn't he want to grow
Up? He's 36?!?! I haven't wanted to get married since I got divorced and was on the fence about kid, but still...it's time to
Grow up. Seriously.

Thank you all for listening.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Everything is fun, funny, and cool-----until someone gets hurt. The medical profession is unlike a cubicle. Mess up an insurance form? Who cares. Mess up in the OR and someones ( in all likelihood the kids parents) are going to come after you with everything they've got.

It is unlikely that they would laugh it off with you in the waiting room.

Sounds like you have a bad case of integrity. No known cure. Self respect is an unavoidable side effect. A trashed life is contraindicated.

Someone, don't have time to google who, said honor is like a high,
rocky island with no beach. Once we have left it, we can never
return.