Response to alcoholic's slip/relapse

Old 12-01-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Response to alcoholic's slip/relapse

Husband who didn't work a recovery but stopped drinking 1 1/2 yrs ago got trashed last night. Can someone please point me to some links on how to respond? I'm no good with this iPad keyboard so I can't type all the myriad feelings I have right now, but a quick synopsis is that I'm in another state, working, and won't be home until Wednesday. I knew when I heard his voice on the phone last night, that he was drinking, and this morning he's called off work. My sister lives with us and confirms what I already knew.
I stopped going to alanon and whatever they'd said about relapse wasn't retained. Could use a quick refresher Yes, I'll be at the next meeting I can find...
Thank you!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, there is a friends and family of alcoholics forum (this is F&F of substance abusers). At the top of the forum, above everyone's posts are posts called stickies. They contain a lot of useful info. I've never read the alcoholics one but I'm sure you will find some helpful things there. Of course, check out the stickies on this forum as well since we are all dealing with addicts, regardless of the substance.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Hope!