How do I start my own step work...RAH recently clean from oxy

Old 09-21-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How do I start my own step work...RAH recently clean from oxy

Can anyone give me a rundown on how the program works for naranon/Alanon step work? My AH has been very good about attending his meetings and is searching for a home group and sponsor, but I'd like to work my own program. How do the programs differ? Can I incorporate the same 12 steps for addicts to my program against codependency? Also, has anyone found that working an Alanon program has helped with eating disorders developed as a result of dealing with a loved one's addiction?
Old 09-21-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is a link from one of the sticky posts at the top of the forum and it gives an outline of each step, talks about what it means and adds some self-help questions at the end. It should give you a good grasp of what it's all about.

Also, if you attend any live meetings of Al-anon, Nar-anon or CoDA (Codependents Anonymous) they can give you their material and a sponsor can help you work through the steps.

Good luck.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ependents.html
Old 09-21-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One of my Alanon friends also attends OA meetings. She is more active in OA than Alanon and worked the 12 steps there, but all 12 step programs are very compatible with one another.
For me working the steps (Alanon) has had a huge, positive impact on my life. It was probably the best thing I could have done for myself.