Partner cocaine relapse... Please advise/ help 😞

Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Newbie...you asked what to do until September??

Get as much support as you can...try the family support groups alanon; naranon; celebrate recovery etc. The focus is on you! It will be difficult to live with someone that isn't on the same page in the relationship. However, there is not one thing that you can do. I am sure that you tried.

You can't talk them into anything or convince them. If they don't want it...then move forward with your life. Sad, heartbreaking, and frustrating. I understand and many around here do.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just a quick question... I have decided I need to attend nar-anon or a meeting of some sort before I completely go crazy. I've had a search and in my area there are no nar-anon meetings available, however, I've found an Al-anon that I could attend. There are issues with alcohol in the sense that if he drinks then he starts taking cocaine, but he can take cocaine without drinking so his major addiction is cocaine. My question is would I be welcome here since my partner is a cocaine addict and not an alcoholic (as such)?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm sure either al-anon or naranon would be great for you. Also you could try this website called In The Rooms, they have online meetings and it's a very great website and I do the naranon meetings on there as well. Hope this helps!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My sister is a drug addict but I go to al-anon as it's the only thing around me