Update

Old 06-02-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I have been lingering on the page (not as much as usual). My kids both had their birthdays in the end of May and both parties went well. They both got tons of gifts and love!! It was awesome to enjoy this time of year (unlike last year).

"When you allow the wrong people in your house, stuff will come up missing like: Love, Hope, Faith... (yes people steal these things) Peace and Blessings!!"

A lesson I learned through living with an active addict. I am grateful that I am okay and it happens to be chance (nothing I have done) that my AH is still in recovery. I want to acknowledge I take no credit for that in any way. Except the fact that I went through HELL!!

I am on day 145 tracking all my food and logging exercise. I have recently stepped it up (today) and started walking for an hour at 6am before work. It's a good thing to get out and do something for ME. It's nice not having to be a single mom and just relying on my paycheck. (i'm still working too much for my liking). It is what it is.

I have developed a plan that makes my heart feel less chained for the future. I think over all i'm doing better than I have been doing in years.. and hope that I keep up the momentum. I think I will. Love and Peace to all of you. You all have helped me more than you know!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing so well!

What an inspiration you are, I am needing to step up the exercise and food tracking myself!

XXX
Old 06-02-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How great (:
Old 06-02-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's an inspiring post, KIR.

glad to hear things are going well. taking care of your physical self makes so many other parts of life better, too.

hugs.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post

my AH is still in recovery.

I am on day 145 tracking all my food and logging exercise.

I think over all i'm doing better than I have been doing in years.. and hope that I keep up the momentum. I think I will. Love and Peace to all of you.
Thank you for sharing such great news. Im so happy for both of you Your doing great with your healthy habits.... I slipped a little when Easter Candy fell to 75% off.... not good. Keep going strong, and please keep us updated.

Love and Peace right back to you.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so glad things are good again - but it does bring up fear that things can take a nose dive off a cliff again. I would like to believe I can prevent that from happening - but living with someone who has disappointed me so many times is challenging.

I'm working on forgiveness and getting life in and taking care of ME and putting ME first. Which is the only way things really work out for any good anyway. Otherwise how can I really enjoy the effort I put in? It makes sense now. I love myself so much - doing the work in my own recovery.

I'm glad it's not HELL anymore and I know all too well - that at anytime - out of my control - I can and will be a single mom again.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was thinking about you the other day. What a relief to hear this GOOOD news