In all fairness

Old 04-26-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In all fairness

So my boyfriend of almost three years started a rehab program on Wednesday. I am left here to take care of our one year old which is fine because I want him to get better. I just feel like this program isn't what it should be. After six months of an intensive, very restrictive program he was sober for two years and relapsed on Percocets. This new program has no time where he has to wake up. He can have his phone and basically do what he wants. Meetings are enforced but today he woke up at 10 went to breakfast with some guys and now he's going fishing? I guess I just feel resentful. Not once has be brought my daughter and I to breakfast, and the fact that he's out having fun fishing while I am here taking care of the baby makes me upset. Can anyone help me to understand or see the good in all of this? Any tips on how to get my mind off of it?
Old 04-26-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's not fair. Sometimes I wish I could go to inpatient rehab to recover while someone took care of all my responsibilities. Yeah- that's not going to happen.

Your a strong woman and take confidence in your abilities to be able to do it without anyone or help. You don't need him - you want him. Your child needs you.

Two people this week have made the same comment to me - YOu can get a new man but those are your kids forever.

My husband is also in rehab for IV heroin use - and trying to wiggle his way out of staying. Not easy being a rehab wife/mother/employee. It sucks. I struggle with you.

Tips to get your mind off of it - Let me know if you find any!!
I need those too.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you try to do some nice things for yourself? Ive learned the rehabs are all different and have their own ways of doing things. My husband played golf, went hiking, and had free time with different options in between his sessions / counseling. Maybe think of it as an overall healing process, getting back to health and enjoying life. This has been MY goal too. Ive had to work on healing myself, and taking each day and seeing the beauty in it. Its not always easy ! Be good to yourself, if you can spend time with family and friends, seek out the things make you feel happy and strong.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate to this! My AH has had 5 months of inpatient and I have had none!!! ugh!!!
I get so jealous!

I want to add that the "fun" part of rehab is essential. an addict needs to learn that life can be enjoyable without being high. That's why they plan activities the way they do
Old 04-27-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would guess that not all of his time is fun and games. But as Lily said, they need to experience the joys of life without drugs.
try to focus on your recovery- I am sure you've been through a lot.