Well...I did it AGAIN...WHY????

Old 03-17-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well...I did it AGAIN...WHY????

Ok...I could just smack myself at this very moment. My AH went to rehab was doing really good, progress seemed good, actions were good...couldn't be more pleased. 48 days and he came home (bad move) He came home Thursday evening...weekend was good...today he relapsed! He is still out getting high at this very moment...calling and texting me, insisting that I bring him money, etc...I answered the first 2 calls. I told him that I would not allow him to come home, he wanted money to get a hotel room to sober up. I refused. He threatened to call the police on me because I spent all his money...hahahaha...REALLY? I told him to do what he had to do. I went to the hardware store changed the locks on the house and haven't answered another phone call or text message since. I refuse to get back on that roller coaster...I am done with it!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you might want to get a restraining order to be used at least until he straightens himself out hopefully
MM
Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tinky....I am so sorry. It's such a darn roller coaster. Hopeful one moment and then devastated and angry the next! UGH!

You sound so very strong and resolute. He has other options to stay elsewhere-sober living, etc? You need to maintain what peace you can and let him figure out his recovery!

Great job but difficult nonetheless....
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you for not falling for his quacking. You sound like a strong person and that is what it's going to take if you are done with the relationship.

You might want to get legal counsel about changing the locks. Personally, I think it's a good thing, but if his name is on the deed to the house and he can prove that it is his legal residence, he may be able to force you to let him continue to live there. The laws are different in each state, so I suggest you get some guidance from a family law attorney.

Maybe turn off your phone for the night and get some rest? (((HUGS)))
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry Tinky. I totally know those hopeful feelings...and I also understand the kick to the gut when you realize they've let themselves down again. I wish I better understood why it is worth blowing everything for. I simply don't understand. Big hug to you tonight...
Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Did he come home early? I thought he was in a year long, faith based program?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are really strong, you could have gone back and forth on this with him and let him mentally mess with your head.

You shut that down real quick. You probably avoided a whole lot of drama. Really really strong. Good 4 u!

I would Call the cops on him if he came pounding on my door, he needs to face some consequences very quickly before he gets sucked back into that lifestyle.

He can not for a second think that going back to drugs is acceptable. I am really impressed with you but I also know you are probably really stressin. You did the right thing.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done for not putting up with the relapse.

Do get the legal things rolling--you need to let him know you mean business
and also for your own protection.

I agree with restraining order and lawyer visit.
Glad you are resolved to not accept this treatment anymore Tinky
You deserve so much better.