The Medicine Cabinet

Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Medicine Cabinet

Going through one last "bathroom box" that's been in my bedroom closet since I moved back "home" last year post-divorce. Found many, many different almost-empty prescription bottles from XAH in there. Was on the phone with my nurse friend and asked her what each was...a slew of sleeping, narc, opiate, muscle relaxant pills, all from 3-4 years ago. (Over the last two years he had back pain and surgery, lots more pills.)

My friend asked- did he have any surgery before you moved away 2 years ago? I said no. She said- you know he had a pill problem before you moved, right?

Nope!

But...I do now.

When it started is truly irrelevant, but somehow it helps me make more sense out of his progression after we moved. He never mentioned how much stuff he was taking and never told me when he went to the doc.

And yes, I'm getting rid of the rest of the pills.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

When I went back and read your originals posts, I wondered about drug use too. Then I thought you knew by your more recents posts.

It's simply amazing how they never cease to stop "surprising" us. But why would we suspect, they are so good at keeping their dark lives very secretive.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right. I only recently "discovered" the drug use over the last several months...though I should have "seen" several indicators LONG before then.

My "quotes" are to highlight that I'm unclear what was denial vs really not seeing, though it's irrelevant. Whether his addiction was alcohol, pills, heroin, or all of it...it's just another form of addiction.

I guess for me the fact that 4 years ago it might've been alcohol AND pills says that my illusion of him being HFA was already dwindling much faster than I thought.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I didn't "see"it either. I did but I didn't....lol....if that makes sense. I had no idea what it involved, I was naive and I was trusting.....like you.

I never thought I had to be a PI with my own husband. I suspect you didn't either. Trustworthy people trust....until we learn the hard way.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Our city has a drop off for prescription pills. You might see if yours does, too. It's best if the drugs don't get into the wastewater. They can cause environmental effects.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I didn't know that about wastewater...thanks, I'll look into it. I feel weird with all these drugs in my house.

I should sell them to my ex and go on vacation.

Sorry, that's not really funny...but I could use a vacation!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It applies to also drugs that are not abused, like hormone pills. They should not be thrown in the trash.