Is he addicted to imodium (loperamide) NOW??

Old 01-05-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If he's angry, combative, throwing violent temper tantrums, and turning the conversation to blame YOU and trying to throw the scent off of himself...

...someone is definitely using something again. No if's, and's, or but's about it.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upsetnneedhelp View Post
Tramadol would have to be prescribed to him because it's not a over the counter drug. I use to take it for my severe back pain. When it first came out doctors thought it was non addicting. However, they soon found out that addicts could get high on it. I know I would have to hide them from my son who would eat them like candy.
He was addicted to tramadol and codeine. Either hes laying cash or buying on the street since we havent has insurance for 3 months.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YouWillBe View Post
If he's angry, combative, throwing violent temper tantrums, and turning the conversation to blame YOU and trying to throw the scent off of himself...

...someone is definitely using something again. No if's, and's, or but's about it.
This is exactly what my family feiends and I believe. Its just hard to get solid evidence, its all circumstantial and I struggle in believing and not believing him mostly because I domt want to damn the Innocent but he sure as hell looks guilty, and based on the history.....shadiness, lies, placing blame on me or others, playing the victim etc, I just feel its more of the same ******** addict game. I have no trust or respect for him anymore. Especially with the anger and violence he does even arpund oir 5 yr old. Its so complicated because we signed a separation agreement in April 2013 and he was out of the house from jan to april but came back in may (due to fighting w his parents who he hates)and has been living in the basement (when hes home which is rare). Im trying to prepare to leave in a few months when I can be financially independent, but I keep looking back trying to make sure im not making the wrong choice. Hes barely around for his son, so that doesnt really concern me. Its just that ive given a million chances and puty life on hold for 3 years dealing with this addiction **** and im just tired of looking over my shoulder everyday waiting for the next sign or the next lie.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Let me as you something. Forget the $ and forget the addiction. Is the way he is treating you acceptable to you? Temper tantrums, grabbing you, playing the blame game and trying to make you feel at fault? That would not be ok with me. Throw in the wasted money ($1300 would likely pay for you some health insurance by the way), and quite likely his addiction to something...forget it.

Maybe he is getting cash back to pay for street tramadol? Just a thought. Yup...he has done his research to know what will show up on a test and what will not. So what. He is treating you like crap. You deserve better.

Gentle hugs. I hope you are getting some face to face support for YOU!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

my ex was prescribed tramadol for restless leg syndrome. He'd pop a couple and them drink himself silly. That messed him up big time. He was a very scary person on that combo. Tramadol in and of itself is nasty stuff, the way you describe he is treating you is spot on of his addiction. Please watch out for yourself.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Let me as you something. Forget the $ and forget the addiction. Is the way he is treating you acceptable to you? Temper tantrums, grabbing you, playing the blame game and trying to make you feel at fault? That would not be ok with me. Throw in the wasted money ($1300 would likely pay for you some health insurance by the way), and quite likely his addiction to something...forget it.

Maybe he is getting cash back to pay for street tramadol? Just a thought. Yup...he has done his research to know what will show up on a test and what will not. So what. He is treating you like crap. You deserve better.

Gentle hugs. I hope you are getting some face to face support for YOU!
U are absolutely correct. The way he is treating me is reason alone regardless of addiction or money, but it seems they all go hand in hand bc he wasnt like this before the addiction and before I started questioning every move he makes. Bottom line is its toxic unhealthy and abusive and not what I what for myself or my son. I told him I was done, but as long as im still in the house I dont think he believes me and keeps trying to 'work on things'....he bought me flowers the other night after a huge blowup. I threw them right in the trash. Thats where I am.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Boy do I understand this. While my AH is a binge drinker, he thinks he can say I am sorry and I should just accept that and move on. It does not work that way. I have explained until I am blue in the face. I have decided I am going to move on and do what is good for me and my children. He has been #1 for way too long and taken up way too much time I could be spending enjoying the time I have with my girls. I don't do that anymore and it does feel good.

Good Luck and God Bless!