Sick and broken hearted

Old 12-28-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick and broken hearted

My sister is an addict. She has continuously taken from my parents. They just pressed charges and now she is on the run. We don't know where she is staying or with who. We are learning that she has been beat up by dealers. I am so sick and heart broken. I worry for her safety and wish there was something I could do to convince her to get help and change her life around. This is not the little sister that I know and love. This is a stranger. I don't want her out on the streets but she can't continue to take from people. Oh this is so sickening not knowing where she is at and if she is ok. Her phone is dead and she didn't have a charger. She has no car, her boyfriend left her the day she ran off. Ugghhhh I hate this anxious feeling and feeling so helpless..................
Just praying that she can find it in herself to get help.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lexy, I am so sorry and my prayers go out for all of you.

My son has been missing for 10 years and I get through my days by giving his care to God every morning and then living my day in faith that He can do for him what I cannot.

It's sad and painful to watch someone we love self-destruct. I hope your sister finds a better path soon.

Hugs
Old 12-28-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lexy1

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. You describe a situation I have been in more times than I care to recall. It is difficult and it is painful. I hope all goes well with finding your sister, the not knowing is the worst. ((((HUG))) stay strong
Old 12-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ohh Ann, I am so sorry. I know it probably doesn't getting any easier. I can't help but worry. I have really struggled today and I'm trying my hardest to let go and let God but I just feel like I should be doing something. However, I know I can't help her if she doesn't want help. She went missing back in June and we found her and got her in detox, then 28 day OP program. Then she relapsed and here we are.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lexy, I am the mom of a 24 AS. I'm sorry for what you are going through right now. Sending up prayers that your sister can find it in herself to get help. Please take care of yourself.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lexi I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. You have come to a great place here with people who are very supportive, caring and loving. I will pray for your sister to come to a place where she asks for help. Sometimes once they have run out of money and people to help is when they hit their bottom and realize they need it. I am the mom of a RAS who is 30. Worrying and not knowing are the worst. Sending you hugs.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I know there is a lot of support. My sister is 28. Her DOC is pain pills. She was a smart girl with a bright future. She has a bachelors degree. This shouldn't be her life. These drugs are pure evil and destroy lives, families and happiness.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think the hardest part of all is trying to accept the person they are while on the DOC. We want to remember how they used to be. I had a great childhood with my parents Their DOC is pain pills as well. I've finally accepted that they will never be that way again, but it is hard.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sadly, she has a deep emotional bond with the drug which is more powerful than her bond to you and to her family. She is drug-seeking and that is all that matters to her right now.

I hope you can find some way to a place of peace inside. Do not make yourself sick with imaginings which have not actually happened. You do not know what her story will be.

Your life is valuable. You have your own destiny to fulfill. So try to find some way to allow her the path she chooses, and try to avoid any guilt for honoring your own. It is hard. But it is the only positive choice.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. She was arrested today at 3:30pm. She called an old family friend who she hasn't talked to in 10 years. He didn't bond her out, he called my older sister who told him everything that is going on and under NO circumstances bond her out. I'm surprised she hasn't called me because I'm the sensitive, caring one of the family.
I'm sickened and relieved at the same time. I never wanted to wish jail on my baby sister but I feel like she did the crime, she needs to do the time and AT least we know she is safe, warm and will not be able to get pills. Hate that she will have to detox in jail but she had choice to go to rehab the week of Christmas.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So pleased she has been found, please God she will get into recovery, take care of yourself xx
Old 01-09-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad to hear at least she was found and you know where she is. Praying for her and your family Lexi.