good morning! and an update!

Old 11-17-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

good morning! and an update!

hi everyone,
Miss you all immensely, but I'm still here, and still come in to lurk, and strengthen my recovery. Thank you all.
I read the newer posts and I can see where I was, and what a long way I've come since integrating the 12 steps into my everyday life.

Now for an update.
Younger son, B. has finally been released from his work release program after being incarcerated for 3 years and 3 months...my how time flies, eh?
Him, and his GF came to visit for 2 days, and he's full of life, has set some good, (perhaps some unrealistic, but what the heck) goals.
His GF, who he just met 3 months before he was jailed, stuck by his side, and she seems life a down to Earth girl.

As most/some of you know, Mr. Moose and I moved from Ohio to Port Charlotte Florida in August this year, and we are loving every moment of it.
Left older son, C. up North, and packed up lock stock, and barrel and here we are!
We also...(very very sad) sold our cottage in Canada, but things change and Mr. Moose was not up for the hard work a cottage requires, health wise.

Anyway.miss all of you, hope to see some of you soon.
If anyone is in this area, please PM me, and we can maybe get together....I love to talk recovery...oh, and shopping.....lol

And, Ann....don't lose my number kiddo, looking forward to seeing you and Mr. Ann...
Old 11-17-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for updating us...always good to read an uplifting post!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Moose,
I am fairly new here but wanted to say hi and tell you how happy I am to read good news. Hope things work out really well for your son and he can meet his goals (no matter how big they may be!). Right now we are praying our son can get a FT job. he has been applying and has a dear friend of our trying to help him get in to a company so we'll see. One day at a time. BTW, I know the PC area very well. My parents live down there and we visit often.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Give me a PM when you get to town, if you have any free time, we can go crack some crabs! lol
Old 11-17-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I dont eat crab but i love the blackened grouper!
Old 11-17-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Okay good for me, I'll give it a try....
Old 11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool

Hiya Moooooose!

We only just got here and need to settle but I'll give you a call and arrange to come see your new place. I miss you so much and it will be fun to get together again. Poor Mr. Moose and Mr. Ann won't get a word in edgewise.

I miss your cottage too but we both have some wonderful memories that won't fade with time. I remember watching the sunset from your beach and then watch the full moon rise over the lake. I remember the killer raccoons and the nekkid man with a gun shooting coons up the tree, lol, and I remember your mama's best-in-the-world apple pies. Those were wonderful memories for two gals who have been through the codie trenches and survived.

I'm glad you boys are doing okay, they are in my prayers every night. And I am so glad you are moved and settled in the sunny south.

We've walked a long way together, you and I, through the worst of times and the best of times and we've shared scary days...but the laughs, the good times and the fun kept us going. That's the miracle of recovery at work.

I have your number and will call you soon. We're operating off a really bad cell phone connection right now, so maybe early in the week.

Love you lots and am sure glad to see you here.

Hugs and Hugs
Old 11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Hey, I am coming too!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

^^^^

Kidding, it would be fun to see you there too.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
^^^^

Kidding, it would be fun to see you there too.

I have the key!!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Hey Hey!!!!

So glad to hear all is going well ~ hate to hear about the cottage but glad you & Mr. Moose are taking care of yourselves and accepting what is best for yall!

Hope you & Ms. Ann have a great time catching up ~ I'll be watching the newspapers for stories about a ruckus coming from your neck of the woods ~ hee hee hee!!

of course it might be hard to top the story about nekked man, guns, coons & trees - but if anyone can - I truly believe you two can! (that kinda sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy joke!)

PINK HUGS!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ann is down there too? Oh boy. Sounds like you two have a lot of fun together. It really is a great place to be. I am looking forward to lots of sunshine and warm weather so please keep those temps up for me come January!