RAH coming home from jail tomorrow

Old 11-12-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RAH coming home from jail tomorrow

I don't know if I can say recovering... yet. I will see by his actions if he's serious about going to the long-term treatment. It's 14 months but they have a great visiting policy.

I'm trying to stay positive. I'm happy about him coming home but know that I will have to go through the same cycle if he starts using again. I'm really seeking a change. With or without him.

I can be happy and healthy without him and he bring so much chaos and financial abuse when he relapses. I know it will be obvious and I have taken the proper steps to protect myself in case it happens again.

He's not on the lease. I fully support me and the kids. I'm not letting him use my address for anything and fully expect him to be doing the homemaking while i'm out working. (he's honestly very good at kissing ass)

I told him i'm not paying for his cigarette habit but do not mind that he eats what I buy. I'm also buying him some new underwear because the one's he use to have were left at his moms/dads from the last time I kicked him out. He went to jail... and his nephew started using his clothes because his mother is a full blown in denial H is not her problem (everyone else is). She's such a piece of work.. but that's another thread.

Well, wish me luck. I'm taking care of me and the kids, and i'm allowing myself to be a little happy i'm getting my sober/healthy husband back. (at least for a short time).

Old 11-12-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds really good at how you are protecting yourself and setting up boundaries.

I pray that he goes to long term treatment or at least starts attending outpatient meetings/support groups/getting a sponsor.....

Sometimes, without drug use, they can became just as moody or agitated as if they were using. My husband had the behaviors before he was using.....I just didn't know he was thinking of using at the time.

You will know by his actions!

Keeping taking care of yourself and your children!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow. I have learned a lot from reading your posts over the last couple months and you sound so confident. I hope he gets into the rehab but maybe you can have a little time with the family first and you should be a little happy, or regular happy because you dont want to shut down and be afraid of feeling emotions.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Txhelp View Post
That sounds really good at how you are protecting yourself and setting up boundaries.

I pray that he goes to long term treatment or at least starts attending outpatient meetings/support groups/getting a sponsor.....

Sometimes, without drug use, they can became just as moody or agitated as if they were using. My husband had the behaviors before he was using.....I just didn't know he was thinking of using at the time.

You will know by his actions!

Keeping taking care of yourself and your children!
agreed. relapse is a process, and happens long before the addict uses.

hugs and keep taking good care of you!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeepinItReal View Post
Well, wish me luck. I'm taking care of me and the kids, and i'm allowing myself to be a little happy i'm getting my sober/healthy husband back. (at least for a short time).

Ive seen you post before about the rehab and it sounds good; close to home, visitation, and a long term program to help him rebuild. Prayers going up for you both; a fresh start.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am very impressed. You are scared and I get that. Here is why I am impressed, "I am really seeking a change, with our without him."

You realize You need change. You are moving towards positive things in your life. You are already self sufficient, that is half the battle for many others. One less thing you have to worry about no matter the outcome.

I hope he works his program and gets well. Even more so I hope you continue on your path and that you find that change you are seeking!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thinking of you !!
Hope Homecoming is Happy one