Beyond fed up with it!!!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beyond fed up with it!!!

Can someone please explain to me why addicts can talk to us like we're scum of the earth but then expect to be spoken to with nothing but respect? He has stolen from us, lied to us and about us, treated our daughter with complete disrespect while we gave him a place to stay, fed him, and even let him be on our cell phone plan (so stupid of us!!). But guess what? We've "ruined his life". In a way I think he's right...we ruined his life by refusing to let him live with us anymore and taking his cell phone back. But, oh. my. word. what he has done to our lives!

I'm sorry to rant I'm just not feeling the "serenity". Too much anger! Please help!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Mamacas,Welcome to SR, a club who has seen it all! Disrespectfulness...heard this fact so many times before, and just in my house! Manipulation comes to mind, so does the AV talking. An addict will also lie, lie and lie some more. Steal your stuff and deny it, say things that you would never imagine coming from their mouths. Then turn around and deny or say we are lying. It's way not fun. This is a disease, might be a good idea to learn the symptoms! Take care and much support to you! TF
Take care! TF
Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! I appreciate the support. I thought I had a handle on my anger but it's creeping back in!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my addict ex boyfriend used to do the same thing about me and his family always bad mouthing us behind our backs. he also up rooted me and kicked me out of the apartment leaving me homeless and full of anxiety attacks. he went to rehab in which his family took him to even know all of the bad things he has said about then I have not heard from him in 2 months I can't believe all that's happened one day he would love me the next he couldn't be in a relationship with me it was never ending in consistency I'm glad it's over but yet I keep fantasizing about that part of my life wishing it were different but it will never be. but yes I couldn't believe some of the things he would say to me or about me very nasty ugly things
Old 11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My XAH did the same as they all do, he just didn't do it until the very end and I am so angry that he had the nerve to even say the things he said. Of course I cried at first, but boy did it make me mad after that. Don't listen to an addict. They say nasty things and if they believe what they are saying to be true....let them. Punch a pillow to make yourself feel better though!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MamaCas View Post
Can someone please explain to me why addicts can talk to us like we're scum of the earth but then expect to be spoken to with nothing but respect?
Because I let my daughter (and everyone else who has treated me like crap) get away with it too many times.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Totally agree with Cino. It is very simple.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My AD has said the most vile, hurtful, horrible, cut-u-to-the-core type of things. My 13 yo gets so angry and enraged when she hears these things because she is so protective of me. I tried explaining to her (and myself) it's the addiction speaking...the heroin not really your sis. It also hurts a little less each time she does it. I guess I'm getting a little desensitized to it.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

With mine, he doesn't necessarily say hurtful things, but he won't understand why people will get angry with him. He'll act very hurt, like a puppy that get smacked on the butt for getting in the trash and then sulks in the corner with sad eyes. Sometimes he will get angry...that this is being done TO HIM. Everyone turning on him, deserting him, taking advantage of him, etc etc. It's so absurd, you just don't really know how to respond.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

today is the new chapter.
Stop enabling and start living for you not someone else
Old 11-08-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
part time member

Reading all posts...could be me.

I just bought a club for my car..just don't trust him to steal it again. He stole it and got in an accident...$5,000 worth. I took all my good jewelry to the saftey deposit box. how sad.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are so smart, I wish I had done the safety deposit box thing etc. mine sold almost everything he could, and now he is avoiding being served divorce papers and making my life harder. Never ever again.