Any advice from parents whose AD is on Methadone

Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have been to the impound lot many times. I'm not going again. The ride stops as soon as you get off.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
TMZ

My AS is on it again for the second time. I know it works but it is a slow process of weening them off. Keep in mind it is replacement therapy and if they want it, they will do it with out your help. It is still the drug, cleaner, safer, and better, as well as they get therapy with it.

Are you enabling here? it seams like your being a codependent. This is there mess and if they choose that rout of recovery, then it is up to them to do the work required to get it. It should not cost you time or money, much less any aggravation. If it was heroin they would get it. ANd they wouldn't even ask for help to do it. so if they are wanting the methadone they will do the same thing. My AS spends 2 hrs on a bus each way to get it. You know he is figuring out he is still chasing the dragon,and it is taking time that he needs to make the money to pay for it.

He has been on it for 6 months and has started to ween down. but that will take 6 months to a year till he is off of it. As last time he will still be susceptible to relapse for 2+ years after that. Too bad he got hooked up with the wrong girlfriend last time.

Be well,
Old 10-03-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes I do enable her. However, this moped is in my name and soon the police will be looking for me because of the number of tickets she has gotten on the moped. That's the main reason I took the bait and bailed her out. What she doesn't like is I used her money to pay for the tickets, sorry...TF