Weekend at home

Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend at home

Hey everyone,
So the sober living/IOP approved my husband for a weekend home. I just dropped him back off at center. We had a wonderful weekend. I got to see a man I haven't really seen in years. He was happy, loving and outgoing. He seemed at peace. Not to say that there weren't some emotional moments. Three years of deception can't be cured in 7 weeks at rehab but it still ended up being positive. Dropping him off was hard. I cried for about thirty minutes and then told myself I needed to be happy. I can't control this situation and I just need to be grateful we had a good weekend. I was very proud of myself for how quickly I was able to accept the situation and move forward. I wouldn't have been able to do that before and I'm so glad I've found SR, al anon and the 12 steps because they have truly helped me cope, change some negative thinking and look at his situation in a new light!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. So good to hear you had a nice weekend together. Im sure it was hard watching him go back to work on his recovery in sober living, but hopefully this is the start of rebuilding/mending & creating a stronger foundation for each of you & the marriage. (I tried to look at it that way when my husband was away, and it helped me feel positive about the overall experience & all the work we were doing). You sound like your doing really well !
Old 08-04-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JMR Home Improvement

New

Hi friends,
I am Kevin Jason and I am new to this forum.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kevin Jason....welcome to the board. You might consider starting a new thread to introduce yourself. I'm afraid your "welcomes" may got lost in someone else's post. Take some time to read the stickies at the top of the home page...lots of good support and people who understand your journey here.