Tired!!

Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kblock0401

Tired!!

Ugh, I'm so tired and weary!!! My husband has almost 7 months clean but I can tell he is building up to a relapse. For the past several months he has stopped working his program and is obsessing about buying a motorcycle. He always does the same cycle. He gets clean, works his program and then slowly backs off it, obsesses about something he HAS to have, relapses and the cycle begins again. He's never had this long of clean time before though so the build up has been rough. Of course it's my fault we can't afford a motorcycle and my fault that I'm not part of the "team" as he calls it. LOL. He has completely lost his gratitude! He complains about me, I don't give him enough "attention." I too go through the same cycle. When I see him start backing off of his program, I back off too and detach. He had a couples therapy session last week and he asked the therapist if there were any alternatives to working NA. The therapist said "well, miracles happen." haha I can kind of laugh about it b/c it's absolute insanity doing this same thing over and over and over again. But at the same time I am working a FT job, we have 2 kids and a house. This is downright exhausting. My husband calls his addict side Slim and when Slim has taken over it's like living with a completely different person. We have another therapy session on Tuesday. But until then I am just trying to hang on. There is no talking to him at this point. Slim is in the driver's seat. I asked him tonight if he had talked to anyone in NA about the motorcycle and he said "no because it's not a big deal." I said "of course Slim tells you that!!" Since our therapy session last week he has gone to a meeting every night but he sits on his phone the whole time, he's not working steps or talking to anyone. I know the only reason he is going is b/c he wants to go to the therapist next week and say "SEE!!! I'm doing MY part but she isn't doing hers!" It's funny how you can feel so alone even when you're living with someone.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am sorry you are going though this again. Just a quick question, did your husband ever take Vivitrol that you asked about?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kblock0401

No apparently it's extremely expensive and not covered by insurance. Also the risk of overdose is extremely high bc it takes a lot more of the drug to get the affect the addict is seeking.