Naranon meetings in Nashville, TN?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Naranon meetings in Nashville, TN?

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone could help me with Naranon meeting info. I live in Nashville, TN. I have not been able to find any local Naranon meetings here using the internet searches & so forth. I have attended Alanon meetings before but felt a little out of place because my husband is an opiate addict. I was the only person in the meeting who was dealing with an addict. I am so surprised that (especially with living in a city) I can't find Naranon meetings here. There are so many NA meetings & I have attended some of the open meetings with my husband when he was attending, unfortunately he's currently using & we have no idea where he even is. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If a Google search didn't yield any results you may consider dialing United Way' s 211 line. I believe the operators keep lists of local information. I'm sorry your husband is using at the moment. My son is also an addict but I do attend al-anon. I have been quite surprised by how many other parents of addicts, as well as partners, have come through the doors. When I share I typically try to relate something about addiction and have been told repeatedly that until I did that these other parents, spouses etc weren't sure they were in the right spot. Addiction is addiction. If you switch out the words in your own mind it will work. Good luck in finding a group you feel comfortable with. I will be forever grateful for al-anon...it has returned me to sanity and serenity.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Call the local number for NA. They will either be able to give you a phone number for Naranon, or give you some Naranon meetings, and then at one of the meetings get a 'meeting directory for Nashville' usually found on the literature rack or table.

Love and hugs,
Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cumberland Heights has Alanon meetings and I promise you won't be the only one there from the addiction side.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for the advice. Maybe the Alanon meeting I attended was just small. Addiction is surely addiction. I just felt out of place talking about my husband stealing from our own sons, myself & his parents. No one else could seem to relate to that particular situation. Maybe it could've been the shame I felt at the time talking about it. My husband had just begun to steal from his loved ones & even though it wasn't a choice I was making I did carry A LOT of shame admitting, "my husband stole my children's Wii system & I don't know what to say when they ask me questions about where it went.". Thanks again for the advice. I'm going to follow up on your suggestions.