Feeling guilty

Old 06-19-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling guilty

Hi everyone,
I've just had a missed call & voice message from the local police. They called 2 nights ago asking if everything was ok now & if I had a contact number for my addict. I said I don't & I seriously don't. He doesn't have a cell phone at the moment. Yes I could find out a different way to contact him but I don't want to find out. I know he is with his brothers & away from drugs & that's all I want to know for now. It's time to work on myself & breathe.
The police said they just want to speak with him to make sure he is ok & if they can offer any help. Hmmm I think there's more to it. I'm kicking myself for opening my big mouth & talking to much to them about what was going on. I didn't give any specifics but I pretty much admitted he was likely on hard drugs. I feel terrible for putting him under watch (or perhaps worse) with the authorities! I was so upset & angry when I called them following a talk with his 'friend.' I don't regret calling the police as I felt like I had no other option at the time, but I definitely regret my verbal diareeha. I'd never called the police before.
Anyway, on a brighter note, I feel like I've come to terms with all other events. I realise he didn't do this to hurt me he is just sick. I hope he gets help but it's up to him.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try not to worry about what has happened. It is what it is and it can't be changed. Addicts are sick. Addiction is a disease. They don't use AT us......even though it feels that way sometimes.

Try to stay focused on yourself. Whatever the police are up to is out of your control so there's no useful purpose in over thinking it.

You'll be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Kind Eyes, that's exactly what my mum said. I will try my best x