Finding out about court date today

Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding out about court date today

No contact with addicted girlfriend since I put her out of my home 3/29 for stealing. She now has charges for theft and selling stolen property because she pawned my jewelry.

The case is now going to my municipal court in NJ. Court documents have come to my address although I called the victim/witness unit to notify them she doesn't live at my address.

This am I'm going to the court myself to give them her notice back and to find out when the court date is.

I haven't been able to put all this behind me and really try to get closure because of the pending court situation. Do you guys think it will be easier once that part is over with?

I think as the victim I get to speak to the prosecutor and address the court. Any ideas if doing this is helpful to me to make me feel better? Last I heard my ex girlfriend is now living with an addict in a "relationship", is in denial about lying and stealing, pawning and is "mounting a defense"

I keep feeling very sad about all of this. I miss the person I thought she was and I feel angry she could just start sleeping with someone else so quickly. Then again she has no job, money, is an addict and you know the drill.

I'm visiting SR regularly, listening to Codependent No More on CD in my car on the way to and from work, reading stop being addicted to a person and have a therapist. It has been 2 months and this still is extremely hard and painful but hopefully I will get past this, live my normal life, trust again, and maybe meet a nice, healthy person for a relationship someday.

Thanks for listening. You all rock! As always advice and words of wisdom always welcome and much appreciated. Have an awesome day!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I would speak to the facts and leave the rest to the courts to decide.

You are doing well at "letting go", no need to re-connect emotionally.

Hugs
Old 06-03-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

I have no doubt that it will be easier to move forward after the court situation is behind you.

I commend you for pressing charges in the first place. I know that could not have been easy, but so necessary in so many ways. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Hang in there for this too shall pass.

Blessings,
Passion