Possible it really is

Old 05-22-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Possible it really is

Hello,
I stop by again today to let loved ones know there is/can be/ recovery for our loved one and enabling can change within us. Two years ago, I was an enabler of the highest degree, my son was an addict of long standing. I never thought today would be like it is. I have my life back. My son is clean now, since 11.19.11,working and dealing with life as a man should. He has a life ahead of him now.
I needed during the deep dark times to hear that there was hope for me. That there was hope for my son. So I want to pass that hope on to others today.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am happy for you and happy for your son. Indeed there is hope for even the worst case addict or codependent....always!! I have seen it with my own eyes, people who I truly thought might die before they found their way have found recovery and prospered.

It happens, and we don't get to say when or to whom. But we can rejoice with you and every time it happens because you and your son are living testaments to the fact that recovery does work...when you work it.

Hugs to both of you.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"I needed during the deep dark times to hear there was hope for me. That there was hope for my son. So I want to pass that hope on to others today."

CTG, I know exactly how you feel. There were so many times during my son's failed attempts at recovery where I felt like there was little hope. Like you, I needed to hear it was possible. I am very happy for you and your son. My son just marked his one year anniversary last month. I am so grateful for every day he stays clean and sober. I recognize recovery is so fragile and so I pray for him each day. Thank you for your story of hope.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting!! I needed to hear this today! So happy for all the mom's whose son's (and daughters too) are embracing and working their recovery. It gives me so much hope! And congrats to the mom's for finding the strength to hand it over and work on their recovery too. You are all awesome and your offspring.....I'm turning cartwheels and high kicking (in my head) for them! I'm on the wrong side of 47 to really pull those shenanigans!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting. Wow.....I opened SR thing morning and there's wonderful news all over the place!

I can only imagine your relief as he passed his one year mark and moves....one day at a time....toward his two year mark.

Posts like this give people hope. Thank you for sharing!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can anyone tell me how to edit a post please? I want to edit my one above to include the terrific dads who are also finding their healthy boundaries. I got ahead of myself with turning all those mental cartwheels and what not!!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post. thank you for this message of hope. I too want to remain hopeful as I struggle through the dark period of my life bought on by my son's addiction. Taking the advice of other mom's and dad's on the site, who have been there and done that, I am learning to let go so he can work on his own recovery at his own pace.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing! Miracles happen every day and all we need to do is thank HP for His Grace.
Hugs
Teresa
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Two weeks ago my son was taken off the last of the medications he was on since entering into rehab/recovery which seems like a lifetime ago. The day I wondered would ever come. I watched him walk to the trash and dump the remaining meds, he was a happy man. Each treatment, rehab doctor, recovery is different. As long as life and freedom is at the end is what matters.
Keep the faith friends.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You have no idea how much I needed your story of hope today. You are a true blessing. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
Two weeks ago my son was taken off the last of the medications he was on since entering into rehab/recovery which seems like a lifetime ago. The day I wondered would ever come. I watched him walk to the trash and dump the remaining meds, he was a happy man. Each treatment, rehab doctor, recovery is different. As long as life and freedom is at the end is what matters.
Keep the faith friends.
What a happy day. Thank you for sharing. I wish more people would come back to SR, and share the good times, and the happy new beginnings... life and freedom !
Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for offering that hope. Sometimes I feel there will never be a change in my daughter's life or addiction. Every time I feel in my heart of hearts it can't get worse - it does.

I have a hard time holding on to the thought that this won't always be our reality...
Old 06-19-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It is still possible everyone. Today my son is clean 2 years 8 months today. Stay strong everyone. Kinda cool I think today he is being promoted at work. Who would have thought, during those years that he would reach this place in life.
I stop by every so often to let everyone know to keep the faith.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great update, thank you!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
happy, joyous an free!

i really, really needed this message of hope today... just when the going gets good my son's addiction throws another curve ball. i said some things today in reaction that i'm not proud of and which pointed out to me that i still have much work to do in my own recovery. i am at the point of losing hope for him and giving up my support of his recovery ...

so i really, really needed your message of hope today. thank you.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update. Always great to hear positive stories. There is hope. Every day people decide they've had enough. God bless you and your son.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear.. we know its possible, and people do recover, but so good to hear this. It is so hard sometimes, to keep hoping.

Thanks for sharing your happiness,and his success. May he continue to thrive ! How awesome to be getting a promotion too. He must feel very happy today

hugs!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
It is still possible everyone. Today my son is clean 2 years 8 months today. Stay strong everyone. Kinda cool I think today he is being promoted at work. Who would have thought, during those years that he would reach this place in life.
I stop by every so often to let everyone know to keep the faith.
2 years, 8 months

Thank You for sharing the news with all of us. In the dark times it helps to know there is light at the end.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wonderful news!
TT